Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S2

August 1st, 2015 03:00

BUG: Windows Companion prevents GTalk status of Invisible

Windows Companion prevents GTalk status of Invisible

Took my a while to hunt this down but I've determined that the Wyse PocketCloud Windows Companion v2.0.3 prevents me from setting my Google Talk status to Invisible.

In the chat area of Gmail I get this error message:

"Oops! You are not invisible because you are logged into Google Talk from another client, device, or location that doesn't support invisibility."

500 Posts

What OS are you using on PC? Did you try to use latest version of Windows Companion 2.1.5? is it still happens?

145 Posts

Thanks for the bug report. We will look into this issue and will get back to you asap.

4 Posts

Same issue here. GTalk status shows as "Online," (yes, with the comma). Unable to go invisible. Created a new gmail ID to circumvent issue, but please look into it.

1 Message

same on mac

i have the exact same issue on my 2010 macbook pro

1 Message

Google Talk (Gtalk) status "Online,"

I too am having the same problem and just finally traced it to PocketCloud. I love the software, but the changed Gtalk status really bugged me. Please fix this bug! It took me a while to trace it to PocketCloud. Thanks for the workaround rayone. I'll use another Google account until this is resolved.

1 Message

August 5th, 2015 02:00

Woah, one year and counting to correct a bug that represents at worst half a day of a decent programmer's work, we might consider using pocketcloud in a future release.

925 Posts

hi,
Please use a secondary email address for pocketcloud. we might consider this for future release. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

1 Message

Update on this issue?

Originally Posted by Suchitha 
hi,
Please use a secondary email address for pocketcloud. we might consider this for future release.

Hi, has there been any update with this. I would like to use my only gmail account with wyse while staying invisible in gchat. Thanks for any info.
No Events found!