Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 00:00

Cannot Connect with Samsung Galaxy S3

Cannot Connect with Samsung Galaxy S3

Been using Pocketcloud for VNC for a year with no issue. Now I can no longer access my laptop.

PocketCloud Free v1.3.126
RealVNC v5.05 64 bit
OS Windows 8
Ports are forwarded
host address is correct
logon credentials are correct
added RDP as exception to windows firewall even though I'm using VNC
I have DL other VNC apps and used with no issues at all. Im currently logged in with androidVNC.

I have also tried to use pocketcloud on a tablet and a family members phone one of which was iOS and the other was android. Had no success on either.

2 Posts

August 10th, 2015 05:00

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

What VNC client are you using? 

Did this issue start after our last update?

Hi Josh, as per my original post I'm using:
RealVNC v5.05 64 bit

I've tried TightVNC as well with no success. Although RealVNC was still installed but not running on same laptop. I'm sure I've take whatever updates were available as my updates are set to automatic. Very weird that 3 competitor VNC apps all work with no issue, which tells me its specific to PocketCloud. Your mouse and controls are excellent. I hate all the others...

1.3K Posts

My apologies for missing that in the original post. Unfortunately there is an issue with our latest release and RealVNC. We have sourced the problem and we have a fix that will be available in our next update (hopefully due out in the next couple weeks - it is currently in test). 

Please uninstall RealVNC if you have TightVNC installed. Having multiple VNC clients installed on a computer can cause some strange / bad behavior when it comes to connecting remotely to your computer. Try connecting with just TightVNC installed. You should be able to connect unless there is something else causing the problem you are experiencing.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

What VNC client are you using? 

Did this issue start after our last update?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No Events found!