Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P2

July 29th, 2015 01:00

Connection Failed

Connection Failed

Hi
Wondering if I can have some help with this problem.

Running Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit and have a Sensation with ICS. Since the ICS update I get the Connection Failed message and despite repeated attempts to connect to my PC I cannot. However, if I connect wirelessly I can connect and subsequent attempts to connect non wirelessly are successful until I restart the phone.

I am baffled.

Thanks for any help an assistance

Hi Josh

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, with non-wireless I meant 3G. I am using Pocket Cloud free and Windows Companion version numbers 1.2.182 & 2.4.12 respectively over auto-discovery connection.

Thanks

1.3K Posts

Are you using a manual or auto-discovered connection? If you are using auto-discovery, what version of the companion software are you using?

When you say you are trying to connect on a non wireless connection, do you mean using 3G/4G? Whar carrier are you using?

Also, what version of PocketCloud are you using? 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

July 29th, 2015 23:00

Update
Have set up a manual connection which seems to work fine.

1.3K Posts

August 3rd, 2015 00:00

Good to hear. We are actually in development for the next version of the companion software that will have some fixes around 3G/4G connections that may resolve the issue you are having with auto-discovery. I am not sure exactly when it will be available, but hopefully soon. I would say for now, keep using the manual connection you have since it is working for you. 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No Events found!