Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K2

July 29th, 2015 23:00

Connection Problem over wi-fi (PocketCloud Explorer Pro)

Connection Problem over wi-fi (PocketCloud Explorer Pro)

Hi to all,
I have a problem connecting my mobile to pc using wi-fi.
If I use 3g all work perfectly, but if I switch on wi-fi on the mobile, then all the pc in the list become gray and if I tap them i receive message: "The remote machine you are trying to connect to is offline and unavailable", then if I switch off the wi-fi all computer icons become blu and I can connect to them again.

Have someone the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

If you exit the application after switching networks and re-launch it does the computer list update to the online status?
If i launch the application having wifi switched on the app does not connect to the server, then if I switch wifi off and as soon as the mobile is connected to 3g the application work correctly.

Even if i connect to my pc using 3g browse some folder and then I switch on wifi the app disconnect from pc and go back to list, having all the computers in grey.

I've tried to enter the application using wifi, switch on wifi after I'm already in the app, in starting screen or in every other but it seems that there is no way to keep it working using wifi since, as soon as the mobile is connected in wifi the app return to starting screen and keep telling "Discovered connection [connecting]" and never goes [online]

Hello again,
I've made some other tests and I've seen that, if I switch on wi-fi on the mobile I see: "Discovered Connection [Connecting]", and it doesn't go online,
just keep on saying connecting and nothing happens

bye
Andrea

1.3K Posts

What mobile device/model are you using? What version of Android is it using? Are there any updates available for the device? That is very strange behavior.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

I have a Galaxy S2, with android 4.0.3, but the app had the same behavior even before upgrading the device to ICS

1.3K Posts

If you exit the application after switching networks and re-launch it does the computer list update to the online status?

Josh Maurer

July 30th, 2015 00:00

I've solved, it was a problem on the net running it on a different wifi works correctly

1.3K Posts

What version of the companion software are you using?

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Glad to hear you are up and running again. If you run into another issue, please be sure to let us know.

Josh Maurer

No Events found!