Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

July 30th, 2015 00:00

Keyboard only does Caps.

Keyboard only does Caps.

I can make a connection with Pocketcloud but can't enter my password, as the keyboard only displays Uppercase letters, and my password for windows is only lowercase.

Here are the specs:
Pocketcloud Ver 1.2.182
HTC One S (T-Mobile) phone
Running Windows XP Prof 2002 SP3
Standard keyboard on computer, using installed virtual keyboard on phone.
Connecting MANUALLY using RDP. 
Do not have companion installed on Remote Computer.

Thank you,
Kenny

1.3K Posts

July 30th, 2015 00:00

Are you able to use the caps lock or shift to toggle to lowercase or is it stuck in all caps? 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

6 Posts

July 31st, 2015 04:00

I have not installed any other keyboard on my phone. Am using the default. Maybe I should download another keyboard?

1.3K Posts

Good to hear. Curious if another one of the default keyboards (non swipe) works as well? 

Josh Maurer

6 Posts

Stuck in Caps

The keyboard shows all Caps and shift, etc does not change anything. No matter what I do, it shows all caps and types all caps.

1.3K Posts

Is the default one a swipe keyboard or a standard one? It might not hurt to try a 3rd party keyboard to see if there is any difference. 

Josh Maurer

6 Posts

FYI, downloaded Go Keyboard and now keyboard works fine with Pocketcloud. Logged on fine and able to do what I needed. Thank you for your help.

1.3K Posts

Can you try using the default keyboard to see if the issue is present there? Most of the time when we have keyboard issues like this, it is a 3rd party keyboard causing the problem. 

Josh Maurer

6 Posts

Default is a swipe keyboard. I will see if there is a downloadable one without swipe and try that. Thanks

No Events found!