Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

August 2nd, 2015 00:00

PocketCloud Auto Discovery (paid version)

Exclamation PocketCloud Auto Discovery (paid version)

Installed, got it working (flaky thought) on 4-6 servers.

Now, suddenly, only one work (after failing one after another).

Under settings, I can no longer login to Google account. I try to connect to Win XP, Win 2003 standard & enterprise editions.

Also, and this might be serious, when I hit diagnostics, I get 3 different IPs;

You can now connect from Wyse PocketCloud using RDP.
The IP address(es) of your computer are listed below:
This is wrong. The address 192.168.250.18 is correct, the others is not.

So, you obviously mix my environment with other users machines (mine is called "adm1", and I guess 2 others has that name to). This sound very dangerous to me, a fix asap is probably recommended!

I think this might be related to why my machines fail one after another (common names like "ns1" and so on). The one still working has a very strange name that nobody but me might consider I guess...

Please help/fix this issue asap please!

My bad, so sorry, forgot that an old vmware installation was on that machine, that explains the strange ip addresses, pew, was worried there for a while.

so,addresses, nics etc is because of that. I run version 2.1.5, and on a win xp in this case with everything updated via windows update. I have had it running, but now it does not work anymore, all same error "cant login" in companion. Tried login in browser as suggested in another threed, im lost. Do this google login go via pop or imap? Any special ports that should be open? Rdp gives me ok, vnc not, but on the only still working host its the same, vnc gets red but it works.

623 Posts

Mans,
Can you please provide the following information:
1- The message you are getting, is it on an XP (SP3?) or 2003 (32/64)server?
2- Does it have multiple interfaces intalled (i.e. NIC cards?
3- In this environment installed on a VM?
4- What is the version of your WIndows Comapnion?

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

500 Posts

August 12th, 2015 07:00

1. Are you behind any corporate firewall which allow only http traffic?
2. Can you try pinging to talk.google.com.
3. Also can you restart wyse pocketcloud service. You can do this by going to Adminsitrative tools->Services and look for Wyse PocketCloud. Restart the service and try to login back.       

Is this the way we, the customers get support? I just wondering because there seems to be to little action...

My question, that I cant a answer to, what tcp ports do I need to configure in my firewall to get this google-login working again...? Or is it another problem since it did work before? I cant swear there has been no configuration changes in the firewall, thats why I need a clear answer on what ports, tcp/udp needs to be open into my DMZ in order to get this software rocking again...

Quote Originally Posted by RMontalvo View Post
You should not have to open anything if you are using the PC Companion, but you need to be able to sign on to google.

Exactly why I use Companion! So, my question was; what port needs to be opened in order to get Google login to work? I can login via a web bowser of course in that computer, but since it is this Companion app that does the login, I need to know if something special is going on there, because the app just freezes for about 15 sec and then says "Login failed" - OK. Thats it; no clue what is going on, or why it cant login, it just says "Login failed"...

500 Posts

Hi mans,

Sometimes when network changes and you can't login to auto discovery you need to do these steps:
1) Open Browser on your Android device.
2) Navigate to gmail.com.
3) Sign in with your username & password.
4) Enter your password again as well as the CAPTCHA and sign in.
5) Re-launch PocketCloud and sign into Auto Discovery.       

Hi Lana,
I have a problem with PC Companion, not the Android phone.

One client actually work (located in one net), 5 others dont that are all located in another network, hence the question;

- what network requirements do PC Companion have in order to be able to do its login stuff via Google?

623 Posts

The only ports required are the standard RDP port (3389) and VNC port (5900). You should not have to open anything if you are using the PC Companion, but you need to be able to sign on to google. The other way to get acces to your network would incolve using port forwarding on your router. This is explained in KB18295 available from our knowledge base at www.wyse.com/manuals.

Roger Montalvo
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

August 12th, 2015 08:00

So, this is so simple to get going after all, now when I know you use Google talk as the transportation method, and after have read common issues with Google talk; http://www.google.com/support/talk/b...n&answer=27930

I opened tcp port 443 and 5222 and everything works flawlessly...

I am just amazed by the fact that this information is so hard to get via Wyse, not even a 2 weeks old support case in your forum where I ask for this information directly, not even then you give it to me... The only answers I have got is unrelated answers, I suspected from the beginning something needed to be opened in my firewall... Is it so that this information is also unknown to Wyse?

Anyway, it now works, and for the rest of you out there, remember; open your tcp port 433 & 5222 for outgoing traffic in your corporate firewall.

Ps, Wyse: Add this info to the dialogbox that just says "Login failed" - it will save you a ton of support and angry customers!

500 Posts

Mans,

Thank you for the information.

Regards       

1. Yes, very much. I am in a DMZ, thats why I need to know what to open. Http is the only thing that is open, so if something else is needed I need to open it.
2. Ping talk.google.com succeeded
3. Restarted, no change. Even restarted the machine numerous times, no change.

The problem is that the login do not succeed. The only cause of this that I can think of would, besides a bug in companion, if I needed to open a tcp-port that now are closed.

So, my question again if somebody out there know; what port(s) (udp also) do I need to have open? How do this companion communicate with the outside world? I might consult google on how to sniff traffic so I can figure out what is going on...

No Events found!