Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

August 1st, 2015 02:00

Setup Wizard Pocket Cloud Service Not Running - But it is

Setup Wizard Pocket Cloud Service Not Running - But it is

In have a Windows 7 64 BIT PC I have installed Pocket Cloud, but when running the setup wizard I get a message to start the service, however the service is running, therefore I cannot login to my device. I have an XP laptop the installation was fine with that and everything is working great... any ideas

500 Posts

August 1st, 2015 02:00

Hi,

What Windows Companion version do you use? 2.4.8?
Please reboot your PC and restart PocketCloud service.

Regards

6 Posts

August 5th, 2015 21:00

Yes that version, tryed all the obvious. Even stop and started the service manually but the tool still says the service has not started but it clearly has

6 Posts

August 12th, 2015 23:00

Hi tried the manual restart etc same error message. ControlPort":"27840","NotifyPort":null I also checked my firewall it is set to allow the Wyse Browser

1.3K Posts

Can you please disable your computers anti-virus and get the log from the companion? You can get that by doing the following:

1. Right click on the Companion (kite icon) in the system tray
2. Select Preferences
3. Navigate to the Advanced tab and check Enable Debug

Now from here, please reproduce the issue, then return to the Advanced tab and press the ... button next to where you enabled debugging. This will open the log in a text file, you can get log details there. 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

6 Posts

Any news, all shall I assume this cannot be fixed? 

1.3K Posts

Please try this and see if it helps.

1. Start > Go to Run > Type regedit and go following location
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contr ol\Terminal Server" . 

2. Check the value of fDenyTSConnections. 
If fDenyTSConnections is not equal to 0 make it 0 and restart WysePocketCloudService.
To restart service go to Start > Run > type Services > scroll down to Wyse PocketCloud and click restart 

Josh Maurer

6 Posts

When I turn debug on I get an error. Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If click continue, the application with ignore this error and attempt to continue. You click quite the application will close immediatley. Object reference not set to an istannce of an object, if I select the debug it deselects itself and closes the application.

1.3K Posts

Can you try to re-install your .NET 3.0? 

Also, can you attach a screen shot of the unhandled exception error? 

Josh Maurer

6 Posts

Hi it was already set to 0, still getting the same error message that the service has not started.

1.3K Posts

Can you exit the companion application from the system tray and then manually restart the service to see if that helps?

Also, if you go to C:\Program Files\Wyse\PocketCloud Windows Companion and open PocketCloudConfig.txt, what are the values in the ControlPort and NotifyPort? 

Josh Maurer

No Events found!