Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2015 03:00

Slow response and lag connecting to win7 clients.

Post Slow response and lag connecting to win7 clients.

I have an ICS tablet and am experiencing lag when connected to my Winows 7 64bit and WHS 2011 machines at home. There seems to be a delay no mater what I do. For example when I click the start buton the start menu can take a while to open up also when using notepad I can type a word and there is a delay for it to appear on the screen. Keep in mind that both of these machines are on my local network. I am able to remote into my computer at work that is running Windows XP 32 bit and pocketcloud works great. There is no lag or delay regardless of what I am doing. I also have loaded pocketcloud on my Ipad and it works fine on my local network without any lag. Is there an issue with pocketcloud and Windows 7 machines? How come the program works great with the Ipad but not android?

Thanks

1.3K Posts

August 1st, 2015 22:00

Are you using the same connection on your Android device as you are on your iOS device (VNC or RDP)? What versions of PocketCloud are you using and also, are you using a manual or automatic connection? If you are using a automatic connection, what version of the companion software are you using? 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

August 5th, 2015 21:00

Have you restarted your router recently? Curious if a restart on it would help. 

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Can you enable logging with the Companion and send us the complete log? To enable logging on the Companion software, do the following:

1. Right click on the Companion (kite icon) in the system tray
2. Select Preferences
3. Navigate to the Advanced tab and check Enable Debug

Now from here, please reproduce the issue, then return to the Advanced tab and press the ... button next to where you enabled debugging. This will open the log in a text file, you can get log details there. 

Josh Maurer

3 Posts

I have restarted my router and modem and there has beem no change. On my android device when I remote into my XP work computer it is very responsive just like I am sitting in front of it. When I connect to my two Windows 7 computers on my local lan the delay is very noticeable. Shouldnt I get better or equal performance over the local lan compared to my work computer that is at a remote site? Also why do all the connections work fine with IOS?

3 Posts

I am using the same connection (RDP) on both android and IOS device. I am using the most current versions of pockecloud available on the market (1.2.182) and app store (2.2.134). All connections are setup using auto discovery. The companion software is version version 2.4.8 the latest found on your website.

The software works great on all connections in IOS and when I connect to my win xp computer at work. As soon as I connect to the 2 windows 7 computers on my home network everything is noticeably slower. There is a horible lag opening menus and typing text.

No Events found!