Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2015 03:00

session disconnected

session disconnected

I am also having a similar problem like others in this forum with P . Pocket Cloud Pro installed on my Android phone, Windows 7 Home on the Desktop. I use UltraVNC server. When I try to connect after some seconds I get the message "Session disconnected". I could not find an working proposal in the other threads for my problem. Carolus

925 Posts

August 4th, 2015 01:00

Hi Carolus, Tim, Can you try stopping/quiting the vnc app and launch it again. Please logout from wyse companion and login back as well. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

4 Posts

I have stopped VNC, and rebooted PC and Logged out of Pocket C several times to generate a fresh connection. Also run diagnostic tool, all OK. Also tried Ultra VNC and Tight VNC Can get connection through the home wireless router, but nowhere else (not even other wireless systems). VNC test passes both ports.

A bit desperate for any assistance

Many thanks

4 Posts

Good day all

I am also having a very similar problem. Using free Pocket Cloud on a Desire HD running Gingerbread, Windows XP running Tight VNC. I can connect to the PC through my home wireless router, but to connect I need to use the standard router IP address NOT the computer IP address. (Cable Linksys router) but when using other wireless access points I get "connecting" then "session disconnected" Also I cannot connect at all using the 3G mobile network. Must get this working before buying pro version.

Please help

925 Posts

August 10th, 2015 00:00

It is possible that the auto connection is taking a long time due to network conditions, may be timing out.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

4 Posts

Regretfully I have all ready tried this method, even un-installed and re-installed "PC companion". Auto discover finds my PC without a problem but the same problem of no connection by any method EXCEPT through my home wireless router.

4 Posts

I have tried connecting manually to the external IP address and not the actual computer IP, but again it will connect instantly using my home wireless router, but NOT with the phone mobile network, or any external wireless networks. Have reverted to TightVNC with standard default settings. Constantly getting "session disonnected" Have set up PC with log in password rather than direct entry. Other VNC software asks for ""VNC password" but have no 'place' to enter one. Willing to try any other downloadable software to get this operational. 
Again Thanks for your help

925 Posts

Hi Tim 
Are you using your computer's external IP address? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Hi Timc, can you please try our autodiscovery connection. 

For this, you will need to install pocketcloud companion on your desktop. 
login to google service
login to gogole servcie on your mobile as well.

Thank you! 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Tim, can you please try doing a manual connection with the external IP? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Tim, This could be an issue. But I just want your help to test one thing. When you switch netwok, Please try to logout of your google service(settings) and try to connect. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!