Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2015 04:00

Custom RDP Ports

Custom RDP Ports

Does PocketCloud support using custom RDP ports (something other than 3389)? I searched and didn't see this listed, and the screenshots in iTunes don't show the settings screen for creating new connections. Thanks!

925 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 01:00

custom port:
1. desktop: please update your registry settings on desktop . run regedit , navigate to (local machine-system-controlset-control-terminal server-winstations-rdp-tcp) update the port . restart machine
2.client: edit your connection settings to include this port in the port field.

2 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 01:00

Thanks for the reply, but I wasn't asking how to configure custom ports, I'm already doing that. I want to make sure the PocketCloud client supports this before I purchase it.

925 Posts

August 7th, 2015 03:00

There is a seperate android forum.

Ooops - I didn't notice that this Forum was focused on iPhone issues (the forum name is somewhat generic: "Wyse PocketCloud")... I can only talk about my experience with the Android version. 

-Kim
DroidX w/2.1

Yes ProfileX, the PocketCloud client does support custom ports. There is a "Port" field on the "Computer" setup screen - I've used other ports (other than 3389) with port-forwarding so I can get through my DSL box to other PCs behind my DSL firewall.

The settings screen has the following fields:
Nickname
Host address
Username
Password
Resolution
Port
Console Mode (off/on)

-Kim
DroidX w/2.1

623 Posts

Yes,
You can change the port to any value.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No Events found!