Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

July 31st, 2015 07:00

I must be missing something obvious - how to raise dock in OS X to get to apps?

I must be missing something obvious - how to raise dock in OS X to get to apps?

I must be missing the obvious, but I can't get the dock to display so I can launch apps or open ones that are running. I'd expect the dock to raise when I roll the pointer/my finger near the bottom of the display ....

925 Posts

August 5th, 2015 06:00

Please turn autohiding off usign the apple-dock - hiding menu.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

1.3K Posts

You can use the touch pointer to unhide the dock now. You just have to move the touch pointer to the VERY edge of the screen and it should pop up. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

9 Posts

Or you can use the handy keyboard shortcut "command+option D" to toggle between hidden and exposed dock mode.

1 Message

I have the same problem with the dock. I turn off the auto hidden feature and of course now it works, but I have the same question.

Quote Originally Posted by Suchitha View Post

Please turn autohiding off usign the apple-dock - hiding menu.

Really? Your answer to using your software is for me to change how I use my computer on a daily basis? Or just change it every time I leave my desk 'just in case' I want to connect to it through your software later?

I keep the dock hidden. This make sense to me because it keeps it out of the way of my 15" laptop screen. Since Apple inserted this very basic option as a choice selectable from the right-click menu right at the dock (one doesn't even need to go into the preferences menu) then it stands to reason that many users would employ this option.

I am trying Pocketcloud as an alternative to Connect My Mac but if it can't deal with as simple a thing as unhiding my dock (or activating launchpad via hot-corners) and your suggested fix is to cripple my desktop workflow... then I'll have to keep looking.

1.3K Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jeany View Post

Or you can use the handy keyboard shortcut "command+option D" to toggle between hidden and exposed dock mode.
That also works! =]

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No Events found!