Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

PG

July 29th, 2015 10:00

Ipad 2...Cannot connect to Desktop...

PostIpad 2...Cannot connect to Desktop...

Dear Dell Wyse…

I have installed on my ipad 2, the Windows PocketCloud Companion and on my desktop as well (Automatic Discovery).

On the ipad it shows my desktop but once I tap “Connect” it says to “Upgrade to PocketCloud Pro”.
I then tap “No Thanks” and it won’t connect...

Also on my desktop on the “Advanced” tab, the “Run Diagnostics” says that RDP is listening on port 3389 and is checked but the Port no: is greyed – out.
Vnc is not listening on port 5900 and has a “x” and the Port no: is not greyed – out.

All help valued and appreciated and I thank all in advance for all your help and time with my enquiry.

Best Regards.

Paul

I have the same problem ...

I bought though the Pro version and manually configured PocketCloud Pro on my iPad 2. When I start my Mac Mini I get the connection quickly and everything works just fine. I disconnect explicitely and when I try to reconnect later (after one hour) I do not get the connection. I see all the time the same window: Loading. After a while I press the Cancel button. When I restart my MAC then again it works ...

I have the latest versions of all software ... VNC port tests successfully.

Help is highly appreciated because at the moment PocketCloud is not really usefull ...

1 Message

I'm also getting a no connection error for my setup. I have the app on all gen iPads and have tried to connect to my Mac and pc with no luck.

July 30th, 2015 00:00

Quote Originally Posted by dejanm View Post

I have the same problem ... 

I bought though the Pro version and manually configured PocketCloud Pro on my iPad 2. When I start my Mac Mini I get the connection quickly and everything works just fine. I disconnect explicitely and when I try to reconnect later (after one hour) I do not get the connection. I see all the time the same window: Loading. After a while I press the Cancel button. When I restart my MAC then again it works ... 

I have the latest versions of all software ... VNC port tests successfully.

Help is highly appreciated because at the moment PocketCloud is not really usefull ...

One thing more ... If I wait for a while after I started my MAC Mini and then try to start PocketCloud on my iPad 2, I get this Loading ... Window and I cann't connect to MAC. It basically works only if I connect immediately after start of MAC. Afterwards it doesn't work any more ... I tried not to start any program between start of MAC and let's say 1 hour later ... and still it doesn't work. There are no scheduled jobs in the background.

1.3K Posts

August 7th, 2015 08:00

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Gilbert View Post

Dear Dell Wyse…

I have installed on my ipad 2, the Windows PocketCloud Companion and on my desktop as well (Automatic Discovery).

On the ipad it shows my desktop but once I tap “Connect” it says to “Upgrade to PocketCloud Pro”.
I then tap “No Thanks” and it won’t connect...

Also on my desktop on the “Advanced” tab, the “Run Diagnostics” says that RDP is listening on port 3389 and is checked but the Port no: is greyed – out.
Vnc is not listening on port 5900 and has a “x” and the Port no: is not greyed – out.

All help valued and appreciated and I thank all in advance for all your help and time with my enquiry.

Best Regards.

Paul

Paul, what you are describing is that you are using the free version of PocketCloud and there are multiple connection choices for your server (VNC and RDP). The one you are selecting and getting the upgrade pop-up for is not the first connection on the list. The free version of the application only allows 1 connection. If select the connection at the top of the list you should be able to connect. If you prefer one method of connecting over another, you can delete the one at the top of the list so the preferred connection is the first on the list. Please let me know if this does not help.

Quote Originally Posted by dejanm View Post

One thing more ... If I wait for a while after I started my MAC Mini and then try to start PocketCloud on my iPad 2, I get this Loading ... Window and I cann't connect to MAC. It basically works only if I connect immediately after start of MAC. Afterwards it doesn't work any more ... I tried not to start any program between start of MAC and let's say 1 hour later ... and still it doesn't work. There are no scheduled jobs in the background.

Is it possible the companion service is not started on your mac and this is why you are unable to connect for a 2nd time? What you can do is click on the kite icon near the clock and make sure you are signed in. It sounds like somehow the service is being stopped or you are getting signed out of the companion. Please let me know.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No Events found!