Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

August 3rd, 2015 03:00

Mouse pointer location not accurate

Mouse pointer location not accurate

I can move the mouse pointer okay on the iPad but can't seem to click on the right part of the screen. When I check my actual laptop I notice that the mouse pointer is about an inch or two off. So, if I try to click on a menu item, I'm actually clicking on the text area, even though on my iPad the pointer is on the menu bar... on my laptop the mouse an inch or two below it.

Is this a bug?

I'm running iOS 5.0.1 and using Lion 10.7.2

1.3K Posts

August 10th, 2015 21:00

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with the pointer. What versions of PocketCloud and PocketCloud Companion are you using? What type of connection are you using (VNC or RDP)? Is it a manual or automatic connection? Have you tried stopping the application and then starting it again?

4 Posts

Hi,

Nope not using vSphere.

I do have Desktop Easy Connect installed to compare products... but don't have it running when I try to run PocketCloud

1.3K Posts

Are you using vSphere VMWare on your Mac? We have seen pointer issues with that application and also when having multiple layers of connections (using PocketCloud to connect to a VM, and connecting to another VM within that other connection). Please let me know so we can better diagnose the issue you are experiencing.

4 Posts

I'm using the latest versions of PocketCloud. I think I'm using VNC with an automatic connection. Yes I have tried stopping and starting... restarting the laptop... uninstalling and re-installing to no avail.

4 Posts

So when I remove my secondary monitor... it works perfectly. It just loses its accuracy when the second monitor is plugged in.

This is what happens when you have the 2nd monitor connected:

As you can see... it is a an inch or so too high... which means when I'm working remotely I totally miss what I'm trying to click on.

The only way I can get it to work is to change my display settings to mirror displays before I leave home.

1.3K Posts

Please try our Knowledge base topic related to this and let me know if this helps:

http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...tiple-monitors

No Events found!