Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K2

July 29th, 2015 05:00

New computers not showing though registered through Google - Auto Discovery

New computers not showing though registered through Google - Auto Discovery

I have new computers not showing though registered through Google - Auto Discovery. On the iPad, it showed the first couple of computers I first setup. Since then, any computer I add (and shows successfully logged onto Google according to the PocketCloud tool on each computer) does not show on the list to connect to from the iPad.

Windows or Mac - doesn't work with either. I don't see where in my Google account I can see the list of computers directly to troubleshoot for the ability to remove or confirm. I reinstalled the iPad app which did not help. All computers have the same latest version I downloaded again today from the Wyse web site. I tried re-setting up from a computer while manually logged into Google even though the Google logon is verified correctly in the setup with the same password I use manually.

All are using VNC which works with manual connections (and is the same setup on the first two computers that do work).

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

July 31st, 2015 22:00

All is correct. Re-signing in doesn't help. Today, I see less computers in the list. Checked the status of those newly missing ones successfully and also tried rebooting and resigning in...still doesn't show. Knowing how to see what computers are saved in my Google account would be hepful if anyone knows how to do that. I am a 20-year IT veteran...I have done and checked all the obvious. This is either a bug with wyse or google. If I can see the list in google, then I can troubleshoot on that end. If anyone else has encountered this flakiness and figured out a working work-around, I would appreciate hearing how to do it before processing a refund through Apple for a non-working program.

925 Posts

July 31st, 2015 22:00

Kamin, Can you please check the status of the companion on the invisible/missing desktop? Is it logged in to gmail?
Right click on the app on bottom tray to see if signout is enabled.
Try to signout and signin on the desktop and see if that helps.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

145 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 06:00

Can you perform the below steps.

a. Sign out from companion in all the computers.
b. Login using gmail in companion from the computer which was not displaying in your iPad.
c. Verify whether it is displayed.

Are you using any VPN connections?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 06:00

Hi Kamin, I have the sent the details to the developer. Will keep you updated. Thank you!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!