Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 5th, 2015 04:00

Other VNC Connections terminated upon connecting with PocketCloud

Other VNC Connections terminated upon connecting with PocketCloud

I'm testing PocketCloud for our production environment.
We use multiple VNC clients (UltraVNC) to connect to the same host simultaniously.
When I connect using PocketCloud the other Clients are terminated and need to logon to the host again.
After logging on again it is possible to work from multiple clients again, untill I disconnect and reconnect PocketCloud, then again all other clients are terminated again.

For testing I'm using the Free version.
Is this a "feature" of the free version or does the Pro version also terminates other VNC clients that are connected to the same host ?

1.3K Posts

August 10th, 2015 08:00

Got your username updated.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

Glad to hear things are working for you now. We actually designed our companion around TightVNC, so it works the best out of all of the VNC clients out there.

I will look into removing the domain part in your username for you. =]

Josh Maurer

2 Posts

I was using auto-discovered connection and the option "Keep existing connections" was set. Tried several different settings, but the host kept loosing the other VNC clients upon connecting with PocketCloud.
Somewhere in this forum I read there were good experiences with TightVNC, so I gave that a try, and it works like a charm now. :-)
Will purchase the pro version soon.

Thanks !

PS: Can you please remove the domain part in my username, I accidentally entered the email address as username.

1.3K Posts

What environment are you connecting to? 

Are you using a manual or auto-discovered connection? If you are using auto-discovery, what version of the companion software are you using?

Within UltraVNC, under Multi viewer connections, please make sure the following option is set to "Keep existing connections".

Josh Maurer

No Events found!