Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

July 30th, 2015 05:00

RDP session disconnected

RDP session disconnected

Hello,

I have a user who recently wiped their iPad2 clean then upgraded iOS (5.1) and PocketCloud (Pro 2.2.231) and is getting the "RDP session disconnected" message after creating a Manual Connection with the same settings used prior to the upgrades.

Wondering if anyone has had this issue on an iPad and, if so, has a solution.

Thanks!

1.3K Posts

July 30th, 2015 05:00

Please take a look at the following knowledge-base article to see if it helps:

http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...n-disconnected

If if does not help, see the article below for further troubleshooting for iOS devices getting the error:

http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...-an-ios-device

Let me know if those do not help and we can further troubleshoot the issue.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

3 Posts

August 5th, 2015 03:00

Manual mode does work

May have been a problem between the chair and the keyboard! Did not work without the gateway, but did work when I blanked out the gateway domain. Works with NLA on and off (but the setting is not to restrict to NLA anyway)....thanks for your assistance.

1.3K Posts

So you are experiencing this when connecting through a RD Gateway? Are you able to connect without using the gateway? Can you try toggling the NLA option to see if that helps? Also you can try turning on Accept All Certificates under settings. Please let me know if this helps.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Amit, are you using a automatic or manual connection? If you are using a manual connection, would you be willing to try a automatic connection and install the companion software on your remote computer? You can download the latest companion below:

https://appservices.wyse.com/pages/s...20Downloads%29

Josh Maurer

3 Posts

It is working with autodiscover

Thanks for that...works with auto discover. However, would like to have the manual option too as I believe (from reading your forums) that manual gives better performance. 
I will need to access remote machines over 3G as well as wifi so speed will be important as it will be used in demonstrations as well.
The server has a gateway we need to log into first before accessing the server (with a different user login).
The settings all seem to imply it will all work...but encouraged that at least we have a way in with autodiscover.

3 Posts

Hi, I am getting the same error as soon as I try to connect. I am trying this on my iPad 3 and have not been able to make it work. I can happily RD from my windows laptop on the same WiFi, so not sure if / why Router setting changes are needed...although I did try this as per the previous post. FYI this is my first "I" product so forgive my ignorance on this!

3 Posts

August 11th, 2015 06:00

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

Are you using a manual connection or auto-discovered connection along with the Companion software installed on your Windows 2003 server? What version of PocketCloud and PocketCloud Companion are you using?

When you experience this with multiple users, are you attempting to connect to the same server at the same time via RDP? Unfortunately RDP only supports 1 user at a time.

We are using a Maunal Connection. The windows 2k3 server has Terminal Services Client setup so there is no problem with multiple users connecting at the same time. Nobody can connect using P'cloud at any time.

We are not using Pocketcloud companion at the Server end (and havent needed to) and the Version of P'cloud we are using at the Client end is 2.2.134.

As I said, we have been using it with no problems until Thursday last week and we can use another App on the Ipad (& Windows RDP on PC's) to connect successfully.

Is it possible that our IP address has been blocked on the free version of P'cloud (because of the length of time we have been using the Free Version) and we need to purchase a Full Version?

1.3K Posts

Are you using a manual connection or auto-discovered connection along with the Companion software installed on your Windows 2003 server? What version of PocketCloud and PocketCloud Companion are you using?

When you experience this with multiple users, are you attempting to connect to the same server at the same time via RDP? Unfortunately RDP only supports 1 user at a time.

Josh Maurer

1 Message

Josh –

I wanted to see if I can pick up where this has left off. I’m using an iPad 3 (iOS 5.1) and connecting in using Pocket Cloud Pro (ver 2.2.231). I’ve been using a VPN connection to connect to my office and then I can use / have used Pocket Cloud to connect in no-problems, using a manual connections setup. I can do this from my house (with VPN on), my office (with VPN off), starbucks (VPN on), etc… basically any Wifi / hotspot with no issue. However, it all falls apart when I move to the data plan, 4G LTE, 4G, 3G… etc… I can still VPN with no issues, but the PocketCloud never connects… it’ll go to the black loading screen but times out with a “RDP Session Disconnected” message with an exit or reconnect option. I’ve reviewed the other posts related to the non-connection issue, but since I can do it over wifi, but just now 3G, I don't know how applicable. I'm not our IT guy, so I'm not sure I could have him install the auto discovery software. Here is the other thread I also looked at; but a bit beyond my ability to check on; http://community.wyse.com/forum/show...ll-not-connect

Thank you for any assistance.

3 Posts

Josh,

I have been using pocket cloud to connect to a Windows 2k3 server on my iPad for approx 6 months. On Thursday, I started getting the RDP disconnected message every time I tried to connect, but, only when trying to use p'cloud. I can still connect OK using another app (2X Client) or when using RDP connection via my Windows PC. I have another 4 or 5 users using P'cloud and they all had the same problem at the exact same time.

Nothing has changed at the Server end and I have had look at the 2 links above but have not been able to resolve the issue. We are all using the free version.

I have tried deleting & re-installing p'cloud but have had no success.

Are you able to provide some assistance?

Really want to resolve this issue and keep using p'cloud.

Thanks in advance

1.3K Posts

Have you taken a look at our knowledge-base at all about the error? Here are a few articles you should look at related to the "RDP Session Disconnected" error:
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...-an-ios-device

http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...n-disconnected

Please let me know if any of these don't help and we can further troubleshoot the issue.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Glad to hear it is working.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

August 12th, 2015 06:00

Please keep me posted.

It is possible a security setting has changed in your environment and you will need to enable or disable a setting within our application to reflect the change (SSL, NLA, etc.).

Josh Maurer

3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
We do not have the ability to block anything like that. It sounds as though something has changed on your server or network side because all of the users are experiencing the same trouble. 

Is it possible that your network policy or something on the server changed?

To my Knowledge, nothing has changed but I will ask the IT guys the question. I have checked the Group Policies and nothing appears to be different

In saying that though, if something had changed, why is it only Pocketcloud that is not working? What could be changed to prevent Pocketcloud from not connecting?

As I have said, I can use another APP on the ipad and Windows RDP on a PC to connect to the server. Both with no Issues.

1.3K Posts

We do not have the ability to block anything like that. It sounds as though something has changed on your server or network side because all of the users are experiencing the same trouble.

Is it possible that your network policy or something on the server changed?

Josh Maurer

No Events found!