Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2015 03:00

Why can't I scroll?

Why can't I scroll?

Using Windows 7 and an iPhone 4 with the iOS 5. I had the free version of the app with iOS 4, and the scrolling didn't work in that. I thought, however, that it may be a limitation placed on the free software to entice people to buy the "pro" version. So I did that today.

Still cannot get it to scroll a simple webpage. I've looked at videos on the web and other people have it working, but perhaps they had an older version that did work. Mine absolutely does not. I can't even seem to find a "page down" button, though I'm pretty sure I saw one in the app's page at the App Store. 

If I cannot use this app to scroll to the bottom of a web page, spreadsheet, text document, and on and on, it is of no use to me and I have left an appropriate review at the App Store. I will be more than pleased to change that review if you help me.

Please don't say to use the tool with the up and down arrow. It does not work. It turns blue and no scrolling occurs. Please do not tell me to drag my fingers around on the screen because that doesn't scroll anything. It just moves the whole image around. Please do not tell me to place the "virtual mouse" or whatever you call it on the scroll bar within the app, because the pages I need to scroll are very long and that method just doesn't work very well at all.

Also, when I select "Programs", I only see an alphabetical listing of my programs to the letter "E". That is to say the last thing it will let me see is "Epson Scan", for example. Can't get to the letter "M" for a Microsoft product.

But mainly it's the scrolling issue. If you cannot or will not help, please inform me on how to get my money back.

544 Posts

August 10th, 2015 22:00

We were able to reproduce your issue on VNC and are working on a fix. It's working great on RDP which you should use if possible. What version of Windows do you have? Home or Professional edition?

-Chris

544 Posts

RDP is built into Pro versions of Windows. So if you're on Home, you are definitely using VNC.

544 Posts

By the end of the year.

-Chris

5 Posts

Hoping for sooner than that. Thanks.

5 Posts

I also find the blue arrow scroll bar that's available via the pointer very poor. It scrolls very slightly and then I have to move the pointer to get it to scroll again. It would be great if we could just scroll by swiping the iPads screen. Hope this gets a fix.

5 Posts

When will the fix be available?

5 Posts

Windows home premium. I don't know what RDP is. Maybe I'm on RDP. How do I know? I just did what the instructions said.

5 Posts

Chris,

Yes, I am clicking in the window I want to scroll in. It will scroll sometimes, but when it does it's only a couple of lines at a time and then it will quit. It's happening over VNC; I don't even know what RDP is.

However I finally did find the page up/down keys hidden away in the keyboard so the app is useful for me now. I have changed my review at the app store to reflect this.

Oddly, the spacebar will work as a "page down" key in a browser, but only on my laptop (which I don't even need PocketCloud on). It will also scroll a little better when connected to my laptop. That's a *** 32-bit Vista computer. The one I really need it to work on is a brand new 64-bit Windows 7 machine.

544 Posts

Hi -

Are you clicking within the window that you want to scroll before using the scroll feature? If the focus is not in that window then it will not work. Is this problem occurring over RDP or VNC?

The programs issue will be fixed in our next update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Chris

1.3K Posts

sunken, you do have the ability to scroll using two fingers. Put two fingers on the screen in the window you want to scroll on, and slide them up or down. This feature is in the current build in the app store. Please let me know if you have any questions.

No Events found!