Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

July 28th, 2015 07:00

Win7 / iPad: Remote Disconnect and Win7 auto-logout is a feature? or fail whale?

Win7 / iPad: Remote Disconnect and Win7 auto-logout is a feature? or fail whale?

Great app, but the moment I stop using it, the desktop forcible logs out and even closes unsaved work. We have seen this with both domain and non-domain PCS (that should rule out a Group Policy). Is this a known issue? Are their workarounds?

thank you

Mike

10 Posts

July 31st, 2015 21:00

I have the same problem. Even if I simply lock the iPad, it performs a logout on my desktop instead of simply disconnecting. It is driving me nuts...almost the point where I want to seek out another tool. I use the ipad for meetings and rdp into my desktop for access to all of the applications that i use.

The desktop is Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 running the Wyse PocketCloud Windows Companion application.

10 Posts

What is the eta for that release?

925 Posts

hi Umr, Thank you for reporting. This issue will be resolved in our next release. Thank you!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

10 Posts

I have downloaded an updated version of the product for my iPad2 (early summer...version 2.1.235) and still have this issue. The Windows Companion is up to date as well (version 2.2.0).

Was this issue addressed with that release?
If so, are there any directions to change the default action from "log out" to "disconnect"? I do not see anything, but I could have overlooked it.
If not, do we have an updated ETA on this release?

Unfortunately this is killing my ability to use this product in the manner for which it was purchased. I cannot leave my laptop at my desk and take this to meetings as it ends up disconnecting (and logging out on my laptop) when I switch to another application for more than a very short period of time, when I close the lid on the iPad, or when the iPad is idle long enough to go to sleep.

925 Posts

Hi Umr, Around summer.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Hi md, It forces you out when idle for how long?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 20:00

Hi UMR ,
we think it is the windows policy issue. you will need to get the computer policies updated to disconnect instead of logout. 
I will forward this information to our expert. We will update you soon.
Thank you!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

August 5th, 2015 20:00

I am looking for documentation. Meanwhile Can you please update your power options-computer to sleep-never. 
Does this make any difference?
Thank you!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

10 Posts

The Wyse PocketCloud Windows Companion v2.2.10 that you released sometime within the last few days resolved the issue.

Thanks!

10 Posts

I dont see any settings on the group policy editor that are an exact match. The only two that appear to be remotely close are:

gpedit.msc->Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Remote Desktop Services->Remote Desktop Session Host:
Connections->Deny logoff of an administrator logged in to the console session
Remote Session Environment->Remove "Disconnect" option from Shut Down dialog

The latter only removes the disconnect option from the shutdown dialog...it doesnt prevent you from disconnecting in other ways. Also, this is currently set to Not configured, which defaults to disabled, so the option is present in that dialog

925 Posts

HI Umr,
how about automatic reconnection part of the group policy.
One more thing, Increasing the timeout value. session-timeout. (This seems more promising) prevents logout as it says.
Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Hi umr, Here it is the tree path.
Remote desktop session host-session time limit
Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

10 Posts

Currently, everything is set to "Not Configured"

I can adjust the Automatic reconnection to "Enabled", but reading the flavor text of the setting, it looks like it only retries every 5 seconds for 20 attempts = 100 total seconds, which wouldn't really resolve the issue.

I don't see the session-disconnect setting within gpedit.msc. Where is it located? I do see Configure keep-alive connection interval, which is set to Not Configured, which means that the laptop will keep the session alive indefinitely, even if the client is disconnected.

I need to be able to turn off or shut the iPad/multitask for an extended time/etc and not have the client-side of this application log the PC out. It needs to simply disconnect like a traditional RDP client.

10 Posts

Do you have any supporting documentation? I am happy to dig in and check settings on my laptop if you can point me in the right direction.

10 Posts

The laptop is configured to never sleep. The iPad is set to Auto-Lock of 15 minutes.

The larger issue is switching away to another application on the iPad, such as email or a browser for an extended period of time, then coming back to find that all of my open work/chat/etc is gone since the laptop logged itself out. 

What is the Windows Companion programmed to do when it loses connection?
What is the Pocket Cloud app programmed to do when shutting itself down? Does it issue a disconnect or log off command? Does it simply close the connection?

Thank you for looking into this.

No Events found!