Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

July 29th, 2015 05:00

XP.pro, RDP and VNC connections fail

XP.pro, RDP and VNC connections fail

I just discovered pocketcloud and am trying out the free version on my iPad1. I successfully installed the Windows companion on my Win7/64 PC and the iPad works fine with it.

I then installed the companion on my XP/pro laptop, followed the guide in the FAQ but have connectivity failures for both RDP and VNC. I verified the settings under System properties/remote and that the firewall is set to allow remote desktop. I rebooted the computer, but still get the connectivity fail.

Suggestions?

27 Posts

August 5th, 2015 22:00

No, I do not. Which begs the question... how would i know?

925 Posts

Do you have vnc application running on the xp pro?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Please install vnc app (not as service) user mode,
logout of companion.
login back.
Now try connecting .

Wyse PocketCloud Team

27 Posts

August 5th, 2015 23:00

Here is what I show. Is there anything/anywhere else?

27 Posts

I appreciate your suggestion, but it does nothing to solve the RDP problem nor does it tell me how to tap-hold and drag the connection to the top of the list. I am out of town on my XP.pro laptop right now and the main PC (top of my connection list) is turned off. I cannot do any testing, even though I have time, because I can't figure out how to move the XP connection to the top of the list. And I would still like to know how to get RDP working on the XP.pro laptop. I shouldn't have to use VNC which seems to be a work-around.

Many thanks for your patient assistance.

925 Posts

Hi Speedlever,
Thank you for your interest in our app!
If you are interested in this particular connection please quit the companion software on the other host.
Our app works very well with both vnc and rdp.
I highly recommend upgrading to pro so you can simplify the work involved in connecting to multiple computers.
Details on setting up rdp connection is here: http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/c...p&for_search=1

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Speedlever, we only support one saved connection for free app.
since you already have a connection , we need to delete the other connection or move the desired connection to the top.
Inorder to move, Just tap-hold the connection (my computer list) and drag(pan) it.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Hi Speedlever, If you are still using free app, Please make sure the connection you are interested in is on the top of the list.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Hi Speedlever, 
Does your username have a password? 
Also please make sure your username is listed in the 'select remote users' list.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

27 Posts

Suchitha,

My username does have a password. When I went into the Select Remote Users dialog, beneath the window it said my user name already has access.

Edit: I added my user name anyway, and the RDP test in Autodiscovery still fails.

27 Posts

I tried to do the tap hold and drag the desired connection, but it just moves the entire list.

It seems we are dealing with two issues here... testing the laptop connection and fixing the RDP connectivity.

27 Posts

I don't know how to move the connection in question from the bottom of the list to the top. IAC, how would that solve the RDP connectivity issue?

27 Posts

August 6th, 2015 20:00

Any further follow-up on this?

27 Posts

August 6th, 2015 20:00

I took advantage of the sale to purchase the pro version today. I would still like to resolve the RDP issue, if possible.

No Events found!