Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

DI

July 29th, 2015 02:00

pocket cloud crashes on PC - turn wireless off

pocket cloud crashes on PC - turn wireless off

Maybe this has already been dealt with but can't find thread. I loaded pocket cloud on IPAD and on Dell Vostro 1510. All went well until I tried to link the two. The PC screen went blank and the came back to my welcome screen. The wireless internet link had been turned off. I repaired the internet link and tried several times with no success. At the same time the ipad screen message said the link was not successful.
I added tight VNC service and tried several times with no success.

1.3K Posts

July 29th, 2015 02:00

I am not totally sure if this is what you are reporting:

http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...h-PocketCloud-

You mentioned that the internet connection is being broken when you are connected? Are you using any firewall or anti-virus software? Please be sure to add PocketCloud to any allowed applications lists on your firewall and anti-virus.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

4 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 03:00

I'm having the same issue, I have pocket cloud 2.2.143 installed on my iphone 4 running ios 6.1.3. I have Pocket Cloud Windows Companion 2.5.13 installed on my Win7 64bit Windows PC.

Everytime I try to connect to my PC from my iphone, i get as far as the windows login screen, then as soon as i go to log on, the windows spinning wheel shows up on my iphone, then it stops spinning, then after a while i get a message on the phone saying RDP Session Disconnected. 

When i log back into the computer the wireless has become disconnected, but i reconnects pretty much instantly. If i try to connect again, I then get a message saying, remote machine unavailable, the remote computer you are trying to connect to is offline and unavailable. However the computer is in fact online.

After a bit of looking around and some more tests, it seems each time i try to connect, the user credentials, or gmail credentials go missing from pocket cloud windows companion. I've tried entering them again and i successfully log in, the computer is now visible again to pocket cloud on my iphone, however if i try to connect again, the same issue described above occurs.

The computer i'm testing on has no anti-virus software installed, nor any third party firewall and all Windows firewall options have been set to off.

I've just purchased a three month subscription to pocket cloud premier for $8.49 and I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction to get this working.

4 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 03:00

I've just uninstalled and reinstalled pocket cloud clients from both pc and iphone and the issue persists. Although my PC is now retaining my gmail user credentials.

I've tried connecting while my iphone is connected to WiFi and i also tried 3g, it doesn't seem to matter what connection my iphone is using it just doesn't allow me to fully remote into my PC.

Running the diagnostics from pocket cloud windows companion it tells me RDP is listening on port 3389 and PocketCloud Remote Access is listening on port 28790, both have green ticks next to them, then it says, the ip address(es) of your computers are listed below:

1.3K Posts

August 14th, 2015 04:00

Can capture a log file from the companion. Please do the following:

Windows:
1- Right Click on kite icon in the system tray
2- Select Preferences
3- Navigate to the Advanced tab
4- Check the Enable Debug option
5- Attempt to reproduce the issue
6- Navigate back to the Advanced tab under the companions preferences
7- Press the ... button next to where you enabled the debugging mode
8- Save this file and send it to us using out ticketing system (submit a ticket here: http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/tickets/new) and be sure to include a link to this forum thread with a note mentioning that I (Josh) asked you to send us the log file.

Josh Maurer

4 Posts

Thanks for getting back to me Josh, just submitted the ticket now, #14193 Unable to connect to Pocket Cloud Companion .

1.3K Posts

Thanks for the update and resolution for what you were experiencing. =]

Josh Maurer

4 Posts

My issue is now resolved, josh had me check if the same issue was occurring via rdp and it was. After a bit of playing around I was able to resolve the issue by setting windows to manage my wireless connections. I also had to delete my wireless profiles from intel proset wireless.

Josh thanks again for your help.

No Events found!