Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2015 04:00

pocket cloud pro RDP winxp some characters not typing into vcenter console

pocket cloud pro RDP winxp some characters not typing into vcenter console

Pocket Cloud Pro ver. 2.1.200
Manual RDP connection to Win XP virtual machine on esx4.0

I have an RDP connection to my Win XP desktop in a virtual env. When I run vcenter 4.0 client and bring up a windows server console I am unable to type in a complex password in the login window characters such as @&$ don't get in properly. I tried typing in the password in the notepad and sending it but it's still not sent correctly. It doesn't work in both the password or the username field. Example password I would type is e@r@me0 it would go in as erme0 and omit the @ I counted the dots in the password field and it's missing those two characters. I would also send it to the username field pcp would also not type in those characters. Regular RDP from pc or Mac clients work just fine to my virtual XP desktop.

July 30th, 2015 04:00

English Keyboard (US) set in the RDP settings

forgot to mention I have English Keyboard (US) set in the RDP settings

August 2nd, 2015 03:00

thanks

We purchased vmware view and several iPads for desktop virtualization. We haven't yet figured out the best way to purchase multiple pocket cloud installations since its all tied to itunes. What do other folks do?

544 Posts

Thank you for the bug report. I was able to reproduce. We will try and fix in our next release.

-Chris
Wyse Technology

544 Posts

How many units do you have?

No Events found!