Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L2

July 30th, 2015 07:00

waiting for remote sign-in

waiting for remote sign-in

Hiya. I have installed the app on my ipad and windows laptop, everything seems to be fine but when I try to log in on the ipad with my google address, it says 'waiting for remote sign-in' and never connects. What am I doing wrong? I'm not very technical.

1.3K Posts

Lets see if we can figure this out.

On your PC, make sure you are signed in using the same google address you are using with PocketCloud. The easiest way to make sure you are signed in on the PC side is to right click the companion icon (kite) in the system tray. If you are signed in, you will see a green dot and next to that it will say "Sign Out - xxxxxxxx@gmail.com". If you are not signed in, it will have a red dot and say "Sign In - xxxxxxxx@gmail.com".

Also, try temporarily disabling your anti-virus and firewall applications to see if that changes anything. It is possible that these things are blocking the companion software from being able to communicate with PocketCloud. Please let me know if this helps.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

It sounds as though something is blocking the companion software on your PC from being able to communicate with PocketCloud on your mobile devices.

Did you try temporarily disabling your anti-virus and firewall? You can add the Wyse PocketCloud Companion to the safe applications lists within those applications to see if it changes anything. Have you tried signing out and back in? Have you restarted your computer recently?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

Still says I'm logged in. Today I installed it on my android phone too, looks like its installed ok but just not showing anything on the list of computers. Defo using same username too

No Events found!