Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2017 23:00

RDP freezing

Hi guys!

We have about 1000 thin clients DELL WYSE, mainly T10, T10D and 3030 LT.

We use the RDP farm.
Periodically, different thin clients hang at the entrance to the RDP session, it looks like this:

1. The user types login / password.
2. The system accepts it and starts downloading the session, the screen says "Welcome" and the wheel is spinning.
3. The wheel stops spinning, and the picture freezes.

The user reboots the thin client by power, and so several times until it can go right.

And the most interesting is that if you connect to the user's session remotely through the
terminal service, then the session starts to load: the message "Welcome" disappears and it can
work as usual. The problem is observed on all new firmware, I think that it's the wnos.ini configuration.

The Internet is working fine. Help please understand, what could be the reason

560 Posts

October 25th, 2017 08:00

Down-level firmware can be the case. Unfortunately, you provide no detail on what type of server (2013, 2008 or 2016) you are using or the firmware version you are currently using. 8.4_108 is the current release as of this date for the 3030LT and T10D. The T10 is limited to 8.3_109.

2 Posts

October 25th, 2017 23:00

Hi, thanks for the quick response! We are using the 2012 server.

By the way, at first most of the devices were on 8.3_109, I thought that the update might solve the problem but it is not so ((

Why is T10 limited to 8.3_109? On the portal I downloaded a new firmware 8.4_108 and it successfully works on it.

It is very interesting that for example there are two identical devices, side by side, on the same firmware - one of them hangs, the second is not.

Is it possible to include debug of all system messages, and to track at what stage are the problems occurring?

No Events found!