Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

May 6th, 2015 09:00

Wyse Hard Drive Install

Wyse Hard Drive Install 

Hi,
I recently purchased a Wyse 909531-51L on eBay.
I'm using it as a desktop computer in my small workshop just for getting on the internet.
I've upgraded the standard 512 megs of ram to 1GB. Will it accept a 2 GB card ?
I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 from an external usb hard drive.
I'd like to install a 2.5" laptop drive inside and although there are two sata connectors, I've been unable to find a cable that will fit the drive and the 4 pin connector ( power ? ) that sits next to the sata plugs. Any suggestions ? Any info regarding the pci-e slot on the board ?
Are these actually functioning plugs or just for future models as nothing I've read mentions them . I do know their mentioned for the LE models.
Is there a motherboard layout document available for this model discribing what all the other plugs are for ?

Thanks for any info you can supply.

2 Posts

May 13th, 2018 21:00

Hello. I know it has been nearly three years but I could not easily find an answer to this on here. Eventually I found out that the connection for power on the Wyse 5020 is a 4 pin floppy drive connector. You need a floppy to SATA power cable. Hope it helps. I love my Wyse 5020. I read somewhere that the pcie slot cannot be used for an SSD either. So good thing I did not go that route. I plan to populate it with a wireless bt combo anyway. Have a blessed evening!

No Events found!