Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

2 Posts

December 12th, 2018 11:00

Install USB signature pads on Wyse 3010 running ThinOS

I have been tasked with installing drivers to allow USB signature pads to run on a Wyse 3010 running ThinOS.  Users connect to a RDP session and run an app that should connect to pads.

I have not worked on Wyse terminals before but in my research I do not think it is possible to install the drivers locally.

If there is a way to install these drivers locally can someone let me know? Or if there is not a way can someone let me know what they do to centrally manage?

Thanks

3 Apprentice

• 

737 Posts

December 12th, 2018 14:00

There is no installation of drivers on ThinOS.  

What version of ThinOS are you running?  

What signature pads are you trying?

Can you share your INI (remove any proprietary information such as passwords.

Scott

2 Posts

December 13th, 2018 10:00

Scott,

Terminal is running ThinOS 8.05_017 and signature pads are Topaz T-S460.

I did not configure with INI files, trying to see if we can set this up to work out of box or with minimal management.

I reset the terminal to factory settings and went from there

13 Posts

January 26th, 2019 10:00

Not sure about RDP, but with Citrix XenApp, all we do redirect the interface.  We use the Model: T-LBK460-BSB-R signature pads.  On our XenApp servers, we use the "Topaz_SigToolESI2017" driver and it finds the redirected COM port automatically and assigns it to whatever COM port you set during the driver installation.

So, I would think that RDP would be similar, in that you only need to install the Topaz driver on your RDP server(s). I am not sure if that driver that I mentioned works with your model, if not and you have to manually map COM ports, here are some commands that can help.  Either place them in your INI file or in the "advanced" section of WMS.

Device=Usb ForceRedirect=0x0403,0x6001,0x00,0x00,0x00 Type=HDX InterfaceRedirect=yes

Device=USBserial start=com3 com3=com8

ThinOS only supports COM 1-8, so anything higher the servers are listening for will not work.  That last command forces the 1st USB serial port to be on COM3, then it maps COM3 to COM8.  

Again, I am not positive this all flows over to RDP, but in Citrix, it's a win.  Hope this helps.

No Events found!