Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 16th, 2015 08:00

Multiple wnos.ini files - each with different RDP connection settings

Multiple wnos.ini files - each with different RDP connection settings

Hello - We are rolling out a bunch of brand new T10D's in the near future. I have a evaluation T10 being used in production now and all works well. I have a single wnos.ini file with RDP connection settings that works great. My question is, as I add our new T10D's, I need to have 5 different wnos.ini files that each have different RDP connection settings (they each log into RDS using a different username and get group policies based on that username). What would be the best way of going about this?

623 Posts

June 16th, 2015 10:00

The WNOS.INI is a GLOBAL configuration file, which means that the defined parameters in this file are used for ALL devices.
There are USER.INI files, which are dependent to the username e.g. user PFramtom would have an ini file called PFramtom.INI
There are MAC.INI files, which are dependent to the MAC address of the client. e.g If the MAC addree of the thin client is 00 80 64 AB CD EF then you would create a file called 008064ABCDEF.INI
Please review the WTOS INI reference guide available at www.wyse.com/manuals and search on the knowledge base for "WTOS documentation"

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No Events found!