Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 27th, 2016 19:00

System Configuration Data Read Error

We have a Wyse R10L that during POST has the error message

"System Configuration Data updated

ERROR

System Configuration Data Read Error"

I'm trying to use the USB firmware tool and have managed to pull an image off a working R10L using the del key at boot and Fireport password. Plus I've also downloaded a firmware image to the USB stick. However I cannot seem to make it boot from the USB on the damaged R10L client.

Any suggestions on what to try?

560 Posts

November 1st, 2016 09:00

You cannot pull an image from a WTOS client, so that might be the reason why you are getting that error message. Also the R10L is not supported by the USB FT.

You can update the firmware for an R10L using an FTP server, but not the USB FT. Review the USB FT release notes or admin guide for details on supported thin clients.

2 Posts

November 2nd, 2016 00:00

"You cannot pull an image from a WTOS client" ... "Also the R10L is not supported by the USB FT"

That's not what the USB FT says when running on a working R10L with WTOS. The USB FT boots up fine and asks do we want to push or pull an image, and will proceed to pull the image off the working client seemingly fine, even claiming it was successful.

"that might be the reason why you are getting that error message"

No, it is not. The original problem is that I get the error I mentioned before any attempt at using any tools, which is why I was trying the USB FT in the first place. Otherwise we use the wnos.ini and ftp server to distribute settings and firmware. However the broken client does not get past the bios post process to attempt to boot from any media internal,PXE, or USB. This is what we are trying to fix. Hence the fact is that the error message is unrelated to the media we are trying to boot from.

The R10L seems to be the forgotten model of thin clients, with the older V10L's being supported for longer than the new R10L. This is particularly troubling practice from a hardware vendor.

No Events found!