Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

June 6th, 2018 06:00

Trap: Page Fault

Hello,

Does anyone know what may have caused this error to occur on our thin client? Thank you. 

A little additional information: This thin client only remote desktops to one computer. The remote session was active when this occurred (displaying a page), but nobody was actively at the thin client doing anything to the remote computer.

Page Fault 1.png

2 Posts

September 12th, 2018 16:00

One of the users at my work has the same fault.  All he did was turn it on and he's getting that screen.  Nothing but the monitor, keyboard and mouse is attached to Wyse Terminal

Could someone please provided a resolution, thank you

3 Apprentice

• 

740 Posts

September 13th, 2018 05:00

Page Faults are the ThinOS version of a "BSOD".  The operating system halted for a variety of possible reasons.  I see from your screenshot that device is running very old code.  It is running firmware 8.0.  The current firmware is 8.5

It is not clear from your post but based on your firmware you are using either a 5040 or a 7010.  If your device is covered under software maintenance then you are entitled to the updated firmware by contacting support.  Dell's firmware support model is moving away from requiring separate software maintenance agreements and making the firmware publicly available via the standard Dell support site but those models have not made that transition yet.   

Either way, my advice to you is to open a support case, and update the firmware on your devices. 

No Events found!