Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S2

July 1st, 2015 06:00

V10L with View 4.6 "Signon server (IP ADDRESS) is not responding"

V10L with View 4.6 "Signon server (IP ADDRESS) is not responding"

Hi

We are trying to get a V10L to connect to the View 4.6 connection broker and getting a message “Signon server [IP ADDRESS] is not responding”, but the terminal can ping it OK and it works if you connect from a PC based web browser.

The config file is very basic (below) and the device is running 6.2.0_08.

Any help appreciated...

autoload=2
Fileserver=[IP ADDRESS] Username=[USERNAME] Password=[PASSWORD]
Privilege=High Lockdown=no HideSysInfo=no HidePN=no HideConnectionManager=no EnableNetworkTest=yes ShowDisplaySettings=Yes SuppressTaskbar=no 
EnableGKey=yes

Language=Uk 

Screen=1 Resolution=1280x1024

Timeserver=[IP ADDRESS]
TimeZone='Greenwich Mean Time' ManualOverride=yes

VDIBroker=https://[IP ADDRESS] AutoConnectList=*
ConnectionBroker=VDM
SignOn=Yes
DomainList="[DOMAIN NAME]"

2 Posts

On a sidenote: I could download more recent firmware versions from the self-support site. I'll run some tests with a newer ThinOS version to see if the thin clients still have the same issue with View 4.6

2 Posts

I have a somewhat similar problem using V10L (6.2.x) and C10LE (6.5.0_23) thin clients connecting to a View 4.6 connection broker. I use similar parameters in the wnos.ini file. We have a main office and some smaller offices. These offices are connected to the main office through an IPVPN tunnel. Each office has it's own subnet. From within the main office, both Wyse thin clients can connect to the View 4.6 broker and get redirected to virtual pc's. From the smaller offices I get the error message "Signon server [IP] is not responding". As far as I can determine there are no network related issues, other than that the offices are behind 2 mbit data lines.

We don't have a maintenance contract. Before looking into getting a contract, I'd like to be a bit more sure that a ThinOS update would solve our problem.
Regarding the answer in the post above.... According to the Product Lifecycle Matrix the latest ThinOS built version for the V10L is 6.5.0_30 (see http://www.wyse.com/serviceandsuppor...yclematrix.asp). Is that information incorrect?

167 Posts

You need to upgrade to ThinOS 7.0_217 or later as View 4.6 required a change in the login process.

No Events found!