Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

July 6th, 2015 04:00

graphic resolution issue

graphic resolution issue

Hello! We have just began to use Wyse for thin clients at my job and I messed up the graphic resolution on one pc because I didn't like the streched image on my computer.
Now the resolution is set on a 640x800 or something, but the sceen image is completely messed up.

Icons are enormous, shows up double and, clik opening of context menu will be so big on the screen that most of it is hidden because of its very big size. I want to increase resolution or do something to have a usable screen overview.
NB: this problem comes from this PC's graphic resolution, NOT server!

my question is: Is there a blind way to reset the graphics by simply using a keyboard trick? (can't see anything relevant on screen anyway) 
Thanks a lot for just answering! Thanks even more if someone can help me !!!

13 Posts

"Reset to factory defaults
This refers to setting a terminal back to to state it was when it first left the factory. This can be done with a key combination on some terminals and others require the factory firmware to be loaded again. With the Wyse Thin OS (Formally Blazer), CE and Linux platforms this can be performed by holding the "G" key down on the key board as the terminal boots. Linux terminals my require you to "tap" the G-Key continuously rather than hold it down. If all goes well the terminal will display a message "Resetting to factory defaults" and reboot."

http://www.freewysemonkeys.com/modul...article&sid=55

4 Posts

Thank you very much for this right answer!!

167 Posts

When you say "PC" do you mean a Wyse thin client? Which model and firmware do you have?

4 Posts

Yes I do, Thin Client as it is obviously named ! Model is V10LE WTOS 1,2G as far as I could see, and its screen resolution is set to a very big size and blurry. We have another Thin client and it works as it should so you see it does not come from server but from the unit. i'd like to repair it by myself as I am responsible for this. Hope it's possible

No Events found!