Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 24th, 2015 04:00

$mac.ini

$mac.ini

Hi,

can anyone clarify this mumbo jumbo from the Wyse Thinos ini Ref guide:

For example, if the wnos.ini file has parameterA=valueRED, and the $MAC.ini file has the
same parameterA=valueBLUE, then:
- If the include=$MAC.ini parameter is included in the wnos.ini file before the
parameterA=valueBLUE statement, then the $MAC.ini parameterA=valueRED is
discarded and parameterA=valueBLUE (from the wnos.ini file) is the final value used.
- If the include=$MAC.ini parameter is included in the wnos.ini file after the
parameterA=valueBLUE statement, then the $MAC.ini parameterA=valueBLUE is
discarded and parameterA=valueRED (from the wnos.ini file) is the final value used.

My guess is that if the same setting exists in both the wnos.ini and the .ini and the include=$mac.ini statement is placed AFTER this setting in the wnos.ini file, the setting from .ini wins. Is that correct?

Thanks

623 Posts

June 24th, 2015 09:00

TommyTrut
There is no Best place to put the Include=$MAC.ini parameter. You may want to look at the parameter "Exit=" and which of the options you wany to use in the MAC.inin file, since that will determine what to do at the end of the MAC.ini file processing.
Exit={Yes, No, All} Default is Yes. Specifies the INI file processing upon finishing. Yes — Processing returns to the prior INI file on the next line after $Include=. No — There is no operation. All — All INI file processing is exited. 
So if you just want the MAC.ini file to configure hardware specific information (e.g. Dual monitors vs. Single Monitors, etc.) you can end the MAC.ini file with Exit=Yes, and once the MAC.ini file is processed it will return to the WNOS.ini

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5 Posts

Yes I'm aware of that. What is not so clear to me is the impact of WHERE in the WNOS.ini the include statement is placed. 

16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTrut View Post

Yes I'm aware of that. What is not so clear to me is the impact of WHERE in the WNOS.ini the include statement is placed. 

I generally have been placing the INCLUDE=$MAC.INI in the first line of the WNOS.INI file to ensure I am not duplicating efforts in the INI file. 

Make sure you put a EXIT=ALL at the end of your $MAC.INI file or your device will loop.

623 Posts

TommyTrut,
That is correct. If you have a setting on the $MAC.INI file, it will override the WNOS.INI file. Care should be taken to avoid a constant looping. This can happen if the device if the device requires a reboot after the change.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No Events found!