Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

July 8th, 2015 04:00

S90 imaging issues

S90 imaging issues

I'm having a heck of a time trying to image a couple S90's. They currently have a working image, however, the BIOS is very old (1.10), and I want to update that so a keyboard/mouse/monitor isn't required to boot.

I am trying to use the USB Firmware Tool 1.18, and I have also tried the USB Imaging Creator 1.41 from the FreeWyseMonkeys site. I'm using the latest firmware package, v5.01.

The BIOS boot order is set appropriately to boot from USB first. What happens though is it does attempt to boot from USB and just prints "j" on the screen, and nothing else.

I have also tried this with the following USB thumb drives, all with the same result.

Kingston Datatraveler 2 1Gb
Sandisk Cruzer micro 2Gb
some no-name 1Gb

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

5 Posts

The problem is that when you try to download the WSI from the Dell/Wyse website, I get: 

[begin quote]

Support

Downloads for Wyse Simple Imager (WSI) :

(WSI is discontinued, please use USB Firmware Tool or WDM)

Software Downloads :

[end quote]

And provides links to different (32/64 bit, 1.16 or 1.20) versions of the "Wyse USB Firmware Tool" ... only!

So how can we get the WSI tool you mentioned in your post?
Thanks in advance!

623 Posts

The S90 does not support the USB firmware tool. You will neeed to use the Wyse Simple Imager toola available at www.wyse.com/downloads under the RETIRED section. Make sure you read the documentation and follow the instructions, as both the S90 and WSI are obsoleted products and no longer supported. The information that is available with WSI was the last one tested.
Good luck.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

623 Posts

July 8th, 2015 05:00

Go to the "Retired" section to download the version of WSI and also the last image available for the S90.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4 Posts

December 20th, 2015 12:00

Edit:

WSI 1.1.4

ftp://ftp.drexelmgt.com/drivers/Wyse/

No Events found!