Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 18th, 2015 08:00

D90D7 Performance over RDP

D90D7 Performance over RDP

We have recently switched over to Wyse D90D7 terminals with Windows 7. The majority of our users connect to a 2008 R2 RDS farm with these terminal and some connect back to their Windows 7 desktops from conference rooms. In all cases we are seeing fairly slow performance from the units. Browsing the web and scrolling up/down the page is fairly choppy and many of our users are reporting they are typing faster than the screen can keep up with. Are there some modifications I can make to improve performance?

These terminals are on a 1GB network. And thus far I have tried turning off just about all features of the RDP client and lowered the color to 16 bit. This gave some improvement but not enough. In contrast I get better performance with the old Wyse V90 terminals we are phasing out.

25 Posts

I've see the same thing at my site, theres not much you can do other then what you've posted already. I thought about testing with a readyboost USB stick but haven't got around to it.

8 Posts

same issue here !

one issue between a lot of other issues with our D90D7 ...

1 Message

Just turn on file based write filter and perfomance of all processes will increase incl RDP.

No Events found!