Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 20th, 2015 06:00

Package & Image Deployment (Newbie Questions)

Package & Image Deployment (Newbie Questions)

Hi folks,

I've been trying to run a pilot program for some time now to see how we can use the R90L7 to work in our environment. I really just can't this stuff to work consistently--it should be easy, right?

So, I'm hoping your folks can help me. I started with a new R907L out of the box. I downoaded the firmware packages on the site and all the MS updates. On one unit, I was able to install everything. I then tried to image that unit and push to a second. I spent some time with Wyse support...but I didn't really get an understanding of why things went awry.

I'm running WDM 4.8(.5???)

So, I have another new unit out of the box, and I'd like your advice for starting from scratch:
1. The first thing I did (at the advice of Wyse support), is push the HAgent 6.0.0.27 to the device.
2. I then tried to push update WES7WFR2, but after the initial boot, nothing. The package disappears from the distribution page (which usually signals success).
3. I then thought it might be due to the write filter, so I turned that off and tried again. Same result.
4. I then turned off the write filter and changed the timezone and time to be correct.
5. Leaving the write filter off, I then tried to push WES7WFR2. Again, initial reboot, package disappeared from distribution center, but no update on the device.
6. I then joined the domain to put the device on the same network as the WDM and retried everything, but this had no visible effect.
7. I then tried to push a different package, MSKB976902, with the same result.
8. I ran diagnostics on the WDM, everything looked good.

This is the second device I've been trying this with.

Also, if someone can clarify some items for me:
a) HAgent is listed as an agent under Agent Update (6.0.0.8), but the new version of HAgent loads under "Other Images," why is that?
b) On the device, some items are listed as Installed Modules while others are listed as Other Packages, what differenciates these different categores?

Thanks for any assistance you can give me.
-Adam

2 Posts

May 20th, 2015 06:00

Folks, thanks anyway, but Dimitri from Wyse was able to answer this very quickly--

Running IIS on XP can't push images over 2 Gigs...so I'm moving the WDM!

No Events found!