Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

May 18th, 2015 05:00

Removing "Switch User" option

Removing "Switch User" option

Hi All
Running an environment with 5000 Z90D7 terminals and were looking to remove the "switch user" option from the logon screen

Spent a while looking through various sites and have tried all the suggested reg key or group policy fixes but still not able to do this.

Has anyone else tried this?

623 Posts

If you remove the switch user option, you will be forever a user or an admin, and you won't be able to make any changes. Are you looking at removing the ability to logoff and hold the shift key to switch user? f that is not the case, please explain what you have now.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by RMontalvo View Post

If you remove the switch user option, you will be forever a user or an admin, and you won't be able to make any changes. Are you looking at removing the ability to logoff and hold the shift key to switch user? f that is not the case, please explain what you have now.

Sorry, hadn't been back on to check this.

We want to remove the "switch user" button as we find that some of our users are trying to click on it rather than the arrow button to login. It would just make sure users don't use it. It shouldn't really affect anything else as we have admin user accounts that we use to login to alter settings on the terminals.

Still no luck. Wondering if it is physically possible

25 Posts

That is the way we have it setup as we have SSO tap in badge logon to vDI. I think its all done via the reg, if you lookl up how to setup imPrivata SSO youll find a document that tell you how to turn this off. RMontalvo I think your talking about switch user when no one is logon? Now that is a different case, the one I'm referning to is on the start menu.

No Events found!