Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

67 Posts

January 26th, 2019 03:00

Studio XPS 435 MT, TEAC CAB-200 specifications

Environment: Logitech MX Master 2S mouse (which support Bluetooth), Dell XPS 435 MT with TEAC CAB-200 Bluetooth receiver, Windows 10 (all updated as of January 2019)

Issue: The computer cannot see the mouse while trying to add a new Bluetooth device, but can easily see other Bluetooth devices.

I have previously written about how to reset the CAB-200 in conjunction with the Dell XPS series (such as my 435MT).

Recently I noticed that my Logitech MX  mouse is not visible as a Bluetooth device on my XPS 435MT, which has Bluetooth support via CAB-200.

The computer can see my iPhone and other devices - which means the Bluetooth on the computer is fine.

At the same time, my iPhone can see the Logitech MX mouse (and also the computer, in terms of Bluetooth).

However, the computer cannot simply see the mouse.

After trying the usual (removing the BT-mini receiver, restart, reset of CAB-200, etc.) I started looking if someone else had such an issue with this mouse on Logitech support forum.

Then I came across this page https://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/mx-anywhere2/faq#link_Connect-the-MX-Anywhere-2-mouse-to-a-Bluetooth-device which is for a similar (not same though) mouse.

This line is of particular interest: The MX wireless mouse uses Bluetooth Smart technology and is not compatible with Windows 7 computers that do not support Bluetooth Smart

It prompted me to think if the CAB-200's Bluetooth is even compatible to the new Logitech mice.

Does someone have expertise using this mouse with this specific receiver?

Or does anyone have expertise in the compatibility aspects of these two devices considering the use of Bluetooth smart statement in the Logitech site?

Or does anyone have technical specifications of CAB-200 from Bluetooth perspective?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 19th, 2019 09:00

@argvargc wrote:

Environment: Logitech MX Master 2S mouse (which support Bluetooth), Dell XPS 435 MT with TEAC CAB-200 Bluetooth receiver, Windows 10 (all updated as of January 2019)

Issue: The computer cannot see the mouse while trying to add a new Bluetooth device, but can easily see other Bluetooth devices.

1. It prompted me to think if the CAB-200's Bluetooth is even compatible to the new Logitech mice.

2. Does someone have expertise using this mouse with this specific receiver?

3. Or does anyone have technical specifications of CAB-200 from Bluetooth perspective?

Good troubleshooting.

1. Sounds like no. There are different (newer) versions of Bluetooth, and some devices have minimum-version  requirements.

2. Not likely. The CAB-200 is old and even back then ... it was optional and rare.

3. Not really.

I suggest you get one of these Kinivo-Bluetooth-USB

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 19th, 2019 10:00

There were not even Windows 7 drivers.

There were HOWEVER VISTA Drivers.

There may also be security issues with the broadcomm bluetooth stack that 10 rejects.

DescriptionSupported OSDownload
Dell Media Card Reader with Integrated Bluetooth Module (CAB-200), Media Card Reader 19-1 with Integrated Bluetooth Module (CAB-200), v.6.0.1.43000DFU244_332, A00
Dell Media Card Reader with Integrated Bluetooth Module (CAB-200) Microsoft Vista softwareMore details
Windows Vista 64-bit
Windows Vista 32-bit

;##############################################################################
;# HCIMNTR.INF for Windows 2K/XP/VISTA
;# Copyright (c) 1999-2006 Logitech. All rights reserved.
;##############################################################################

[Version]
Signature = "$Windows NT$"
CatalogFile = HCIMNTR.CAT
Class = HIDClass
ClassGuid = {745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da}
Provider = Logitech
DriverVer = 10/30/2006,1.0

[DestinationDirs]
HCIMNTR_CopyFiles = 11

[ControlFlags]
ExcludeFromSelect = *

[SourceDisksNames]
1 = %DiskName%,

[SourceDisksFiles]
HCIMNTR.DLL = 1

[Manufacturer]
%Provider% = Logitech,NTamd64

[Logitech.NTamd64]
%PID_C719.hpps.desc% = HCIMNTR,HID\Vid_046d&Pid_c719&Col04

[HCIMNTR]
Include = Input.inf
Needs = HID_Raw_Inst.NT

[HCIMNTR.CoInstallers]
CopyFiles = HCIMNTR_CopyFiles
AddReg = HCIMNTR_AddReg

[HCIMNTR_AddReg]
HKR,,CoInstallers32,0x00010000,HCIMNTR.DLL,CoDeviceInstall
HKLM,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run,"Bluetooth HCI Monitor",,RunDll32 "HCIMNTR.DLL,RunCheckHCIMode"

[HCIMNTR_CopyFiles]
HCIMNTR.DLL

[Strings]
Provider = "Logitech"
DiskName = "Logitech Driver Disk"
PID_C719.hpps.desc = "HID-compliant Device"

[Version]
Signature="$WINDOWS NT$"
Class=Bluetooth
ClassGuid={e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974}
Provider="Broadcom"
DriverVer=10/24/2006, 5.1.2535.0
CatalogFile=Bcbtums.CAT

[ControlFlags]
ExcludeFromSelect = "USB\VID_03F0&PID_171D"
ExcludeFromSelect = "USB\VID_03F0&PID_D104"
ExcludeFromSelect = "USB\Vid_0A5C&Pid_2101"
ExcludeFromSelect = "USB\Vid_0A5C&Pid_2110"
ExcludeFromSelect = "USB\VID_413C&PID_8126"
ExcludeFromSelect = "USB\VID_413C&PID_8130"

[Manufacturer]
Broadcom=Broadcom, NTamd64

[Broadcom.NTamd64]
%BluetootUsbHpMdl.DeviceDesc%=BCBTUsbDriverInstallXP, USB\VID_03F0&PID_171D ; HP Bluetooth Module
%BluetootUsbHpDgl.DeviceDesc%=BCBTUsbDriverInstallXP, USB\VID_03F0&PID_D104 ; HP Bluetooth Dongle
%BluetootUsbBrcmAcer.DeviceDesc% =BCBTUsbDriverInstallXP, USB\Vid_0a5c&Pid_2101 ; Broadcom Bluetooth 2.0 EDR USB Dongle
%BluetootUsbBrcmIBM.DeviceDesc% =BCBTUsbDriverInstallXP, USB\Vid_0a5c&Pid_2110 ; ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate
%BluetootUsbDellFangorn.DeviceDesc% =BCBTUsbDriverInstallXP, USB\Vid_413c&Pid_8126 ; Dell Wireless 355 Module with Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR Technology
%BluetootUsbDellStardust.DeviceDesc% =BCBTUsbDriverInstallXP, USB\Vid_413c&Pid_8130 ; Dell Wireless 355C Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR module

[BCBTUsbDriverInstallXP.NT]
Include=Bth.inf
Needs=BthUsb.NT

[BCBTUsbDriverInstallXP.NT.HW]
Needs=BthUsb.NT.HW

[BCBTUsbDriverInstallXP.NT.Services]
needs=BthUsb.NT.Services

[Strings]
Broadcom="Broadcom Corporation"
BluetootUsbBrcmDgl.DeviceDesc = "Broadcom Bluetooth Dongle"

BluetootUsbHpMdl.DeviceDesc= "HP Bluetooth Module"
BluetootUsbHpDgl.DeviceDesc= "HP Bluetooth Dongle"
BluetootUsbBrcmAcer.DeviceDesc = "Broadcom Bluetooth 2.0 EDR USB Dongle"
BluetootUsbBrcmIBM.DeviceDesc = "ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate"
BluetootUsbDellFangorn.DeviceDesc = "Dell Wireless 355 Module with Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR Technology"
BluetootUsbDellStardust.DeviceDesc = "Dell Wireless 355C Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR module"

No Events found!