Start a Conversation

Unsolved

U

1 Message

March 16th, 2020 06:00

Upgrading from a RX 560 (2 gb) to a 1660 super gpu

I am planning to upgrade my gpu to a 1660 super, but the problem is that im not sure how much watts my psu has. I know you need at least a 450 watt PSU. I opened the case but surprisingly i found no sticker or print saying anything. The only text on my psu is my service tag. Any tips on how to find the wattage?

2 Intern

• 

2.5K Posts

March 16th, 2020 07:00

• it must fit first. some cards do not fit  dells, short cards on tall case, too long cards... or too wide.
  • must not overload PSU. (you bingo'd that) and you PSU has 12vPCI aux cable set? for cards needing it.
  • must not overload slot x16, not this MT..
  • must not overheat PC, not the big cased PC. if yes add a case fan..
  • must run w10-64bit,  GTX7xx up or AMD 5xxx up do.  1660 nor problems for drivers !
  • Not make too much noise as some find out with 3fan card or older cards.
  • has ports you monitor actually has and DP is best.. unless TV is your monitor.............?
  • lots more,  GPU cards are huge feature rich devices like no others, vast. really,  FPS and more.

2 Intern

• 

2.5K Posts

March 16th, 2020 07:00

what PC is this,? XPS what , at power on hammer F2,  see info there, tells you model of PC, clearly'

yes, some PCs the silly label on the PSU is on back side , unless removed, fun no?  yah not so.

XPS goes back to year 1990,  3 DECADES OF PCs, no 2 the same for 3 decades... 

try to know I can not  guess PCs via ESP, not yet, still shopping for crystal balls that do that, wiz of oz style..

Sure Dells (lame) some have only 1 word on the case and only BIOS F2 info tells me what I am looking at.

"like those pesky INSPIRON , do)" I look at google images,  and just cases show XPS (and no numbers)wow..

so yah, dell likes stealth PCs.  , even service tag look ups fail on many,  yah.

the better question for me is , can I put a real PSU inside, like modern single rail 12vdc PSU ATX inside and then rock a hard not power hungary GPU card, now.  some you can not. but full sized case yes..

GO MT and win. (for  a future best)

No Events found!