Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 10th, 2020 23:00

XPS 8920, can I add another 2TB drive?

Hello

i want to know if i can expand my disk drive memory? currently i have 2TB disk drive, and i want to purchase another one and install it into my PC. I tried finding out the motherboard model number, and then tried to find the specs of it online, and couldn't find it. so basically want to know if there is an extra plug on the motherboard to install an extra 2TB disk drive? and also would like to know if there is space to mount this 2TB disk drive (without opening PC box).

thanks in advance for any help!

1 Rookie

• 

3.2K Posts

July 11th, 2020 03:00

Here is a link to the Service Manual and here are the specifications They can answer most of your questions. You don't need to know the model number of the motherboard. There are extra SATA ports on the motherboard but you will need a SATA cable. I recommend a SATA cable with a right-angle connector because when the drive is mount inside the drive cage a straight connector may interfere with completely closing the side panel. There are already extra SATA power connectors. There are also two mounting cages inside the case to mount the drive, but you can't mount the drive without opening the case.

July 11th, 2020 05:00

Thank you my friend!

you answered all my questions (and any future ones i may have with those 2 doc links - very helpful)

i will also use a right angled connector as you suggest

I could kiss you! (virtually that is)

No Events found!