Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

June 16th, 2018 04:00

XPS 8930, how to connect the HP VH240a?

Hi. I got a XPS 8930 from amazon and I set it up 2 days ago. But the monitor is not working for this XPS 8930 Tower.

(Detailed : Dell XPS 8930 Tower Desktop - 8th Gen. Intel Core i7-8700 6-Core up to 4.60 GHz, 16GB DDR4 Memory + 4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti, DVD Burner, Windows)

One error message only showed up, "Input signal no found" blahblah. I tried the HDMI cable on onboard area and card slot area. None of them worked. Do I have to use Displayport or..another port? I think it is not a problem of monitor. cuz I use the monitor with my ps4 through HDMI cable. My monitor is HP VH240a. It has VGA port and HDMI port. Do i have to use VGA port?

Thank you for helping!

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

June 25th, 2018 10:00

Because you have an add-in video card, the onboard video ports are disabled so only the add-in video ports will work.  

Does your monitor have its own On-Screen Display (OSD) that's accessed by pressing one or a combination of buttons on the monitor itself? If it has an OSD, open that screen and make sure the monitor is correctly set to use HDMI.

Since the PC doesn't seem to be working, you probably should contact the seller on Amazon ASAP and ask for a refund or a replacement system.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 26th, 2018 15:00

This should have worked as long as you did not have any other video cables connected to the XPS 8930 =

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti HDMI out port --> HDMI to HDMI cable --> HP VH240a HDMI in port

If not, power down, disconnect the HDMI cable from the GTX 1050Ti, open the case, remove and reseat the GTX 1050Ti in the motherboard slot, reconnect the HDMI cable to the GTX 1050Ti, power on.

No Events found!