Start a Conversation

Unsolved

O

14 Posts

September 28th, 2019 14:00

realtek hd audio manager not showing

Got this computer a week ago.xps8930 win10 .Speakers(5.1) are working.Audio manager is not on the lower right taskbar.Not in control panel.If i open sound in control panel I can get realtek audio and it is default.I have tried to open it in programs and it won't open.I have changed the driver 3 times(dell..microsoft...realtek)Right now i'm using 6.0.1.8248.Task Manager..Startup..THERE IT IS. status enabled.Great but where is it?It also has Waves Maxxaudio Service but I disabled that from startup.I really want that manager working so I can adjust the speakers.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

September 28th, 2019 19:00

Try this:

Right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar Settings. Scroll down on that screen to Notifications Area and click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.

You should see an option to show/hide audio controls (and others) in the notification area on the taskbar. Audio controls should appear as a speaker icon in the notification area when enabled.

14 Posts

September 29th, 2019 04:00

nope,it's not one of the choices

2 Intern

• 

2.5K Posts

September 29th, 2019 07:00

GOT?  2017 to now sold, and used ,new and refurbs sold.  what be yours?

is it new PC in abox or what? history matters, as does its history.

was the OS ever reloaded?  History.

getting the right sound drivers can be tricky on any PC made.

may PC have options new, CTO and different sound options, and reloading driver can fail if you mix in wrong versions.

best is use your service tag to get the right drivers. I presume main mobo sound chips, right, no PCI-e cards

sound nor USB sound dongles or other USB sound sevices used, like USB headphones or USB speakers right?>

September 29th, 2019 11:00

Hi,

Thanks for writing to Dell Community.

Ideally, the Realtek Audio Manager should be available once you install the Realtek drivers.

Could you try updating the below latest driver file, restart your unit and check if the audio manager is available.

https://dell.to/2mUnk7I

Once done, in case the audio manager doesn’t appear, right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar Settings. Scroll down on that screen to Notifications Area and click Select which icons appear on the taskbar. You should see an option to show/hide audio controls (and others) in the notification area. Audio controls will be displayed as a speaker icon in the notification area when enabled.

- Jerrin

14 Posts

September 29th, 2019 14:00

nope no sign of it.Not in remove programs.not in control panel.not in taskbar.BUT it is in Task Manager( in Processes)And in Startup(status enabled)And in Details(RAVBg64.exe(there are 2 of this one) and RtkNGUI64.exe both running.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

September 29th, 2019 19:00

Seems like a common problem in Win 10.

See if there's any help here, either by trying one of the drivers from Microsoft or in the youtube vid that's mentioned in that thread.

14 Posts

September 30th, 2019 15:00

Thanks RoHe,I will give that a try on Wednesday my day off.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

September 30th, 2019 21:00

@Oldguy67 wrote:

1. It also has Waves Maxxaudio Service but I disabled that from startup.

2. I really want that manager working so I can adjust the speakers.

1. AFAIK, not a good idea. I suggest you use the enhanced audio panel it gives you instead.

2. Adjust them like how ?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 1st, 2019 06:00

You will have to deinstall and reinstall the OEM audio driver after every windows 10 feature update.

Current release is 1903.

Description Download
Realtek Audio Driver
This package contains the driver for Realtek audio and is supported on Alienware and XPS systems that run the Windows 10 (64-bit) operating system. Audio driver is the software that helps your operating system to communicate effectively with audio devices such as sound cards and speakers. The package supports Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (Redstone 3).More details

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER04557469M/3/Realtek-Audio-Driver_T55WP_WIN_6.0.1.8248_A07.EXE

Version 1903 (OS build 18362)

Version 1809 (OS build 17763)
Version 1803 (OS build 17134)
Version 1709 (OS build 16299)
Version 1703 (OS build 15063)
Version 1607 (OS build 14393)
Version 1511 (OS build 10586) - End of LIFE Game OVER
Version 1507 (RTM) (OS build 10240) - End of LIFE Game OVER

14 Posts

October 1st, 2019 08:00

Thanks speedstep but I already tried that one.I got 4 downloads of it.9/18 9/28 9/29 10/1 (lol) There is more info (lol) The headphone jack on the front doesn't do JACK.Good news...I can plug the headphones into the logitech control and the speakers stop and the headphones work.Great another work around.

4 Operator

• 

3.2K Posts

October 1st, 2019 13:00

When you uninstalled the Realtek driver and reboot, your computer probably detected "new" hardware and installed the driver. That happening is not unusual.

14 Posts

October 1st, 2019 13:00

Progress..I disabled the waves max thing from startup.Rebooted and did an uninstall of realtek.Rebooted and realtek was still there.I did watch it uninstall.The headphones are now working normally.The sound from the 5.1 speakers seems much better.Very weird but in a good way.

1 Message

July 2nd, 2020 11:00

Unfortunately XPS driver (Realtek-Audio-Driver T55WP WIN 6.0.1.8248 A07) with Wave MaxxAudioPro manager, is based on Realtek ALC899 which does NOT process 2-channel input into Neo-5.1 environment!  Wave manager as absolutely NO controls for this, and Windows configuration set for 5.1 channels all test tones, but Realtek chip doe NOT generate sound in all 5.1 with 2 channel input.  

When any of Realtek HD Audio Manger 2.80 or 2.81 is loaded - the 2-channel input nicely plays back in 5.1 format.  Unfortunately - when PC is started after shutdown - the sound is lost.  Only the subsequent re-boot revives sound and provide full 5.1 channel performance. 

Can anyone at DELL advice why XPS would come with such substandard interface and working HD Manager works but required re-boot after startup???   

This is basic functionality and yet DELL cannot make it work in $1200 PC system???

No Events found!