Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

21 Posts

April 19th, 2022 13:00

xps8950 power button lights

This 8950 is about four months old and working fine. I leave it running 24/7. Recently I noticed the the power button is blinking a 1,1 code (yellow/white). Any data I find on the Dell site doesn't show that combination at all. I spent two hours on the phone last night someone who I can barely understand and they went off calling other folks but the out come of that is that I still have no idea what, if any, is the problem. Some one is supposed to call me back this evening (1600-1800 CDT) hopefully with the answer. I just don't feel that it is necessary for them to connect to my pc and fool around for another two hours. I am just trying to protect my warranty. The only parts that I have added to this unit was a second SSD and a low power display card that allows me to run two monitors. I am not a gamer and this card was like $70.  

Does anyone have any ideas?

Kent

21 Posts

April 19th, 2022 14:00

Hello,  I actually did get a call from Round Rock a few minutes ago telling me not to worry about the code  (1,1).  It was meaningless and to expect it to go away after the next BIOS update. So hopefully that will be the end of that.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

April 19th, 2022 14:00

I have a different Dell error code document but its basically the same as the one in the 8950 service manual.  1,2 is different in my list, its listed as TPM Detection error.  

Wait for the call back and hopefully they come up with the cause.  Post back with the answer or if no answer I'll escalate it to our Dell Rockstar interface.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

April 19th, 2022 15:00

Thanks for the update.

Good and bad.  Good that they can fix it.  Bad for other users that encounter it.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

April 20th, 2022 11:00

@merkelck Out of curiosity, when you boot with the power button 1,1 blink code, open Device Manager and click View>Show hidden.

Then see if anything is marked with an !, an X, or if there is any Unknown device listed, anywhere in Device Manager, eg expand all entries in DM...

21 Posts

April 20th, 2022 15:00

I don't see anything weird in the device manager.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

April 20th, 2022 18:00

@merkelck  OK, thanks for that update.

It was just a wild guess on my part that whatever triggers the 1,1 code might show up there...

No Events found!