Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

98 Posts

October 24th, 2022 22:00

9315 2 in 1 Owners

I am a recent owner of the new 9315 2 in 1 and it is hard to find information about it as well as accessories that work with it. I primarily use it as a tablet. So I thought I would make this thread for owners to post information. 

Screen protector - Anybody find a screen protector that will fit?(Currently using only liquid glass. Looking for glass or TPU)

Case - Has anybody found a case that fits this in tablet mode(Not looking for the keyboard folio or the cheap leather folio style that they have on Amazon. Looking for something made from TPU or hard plastic.)

Upgrades - Anybody upgrade from Home to Windows Pro? Is so, any issues?

1 Rookie

• 

43 Posts

October 28th, 2022 10:00

I am also a recent owner of an XPS 13 9315 2-in-1.   It's been frustrating finding accessories that work with it.  Since it is a new model, hopefully that changes over time.

Screen protector - Anybody find a screen protector that will fit?(Currently using only liquid glass. Looking for glass or TPU)

No luck.  I've been looking.  Please post back if you find one.

Case - Has anybody found a case that fits this in tablet mode(Not looking for the keyboard folio or the cheap leather folio style that they have on Amazon. Looking for something made from TPU or hard plastic.)

Also no luck with finding one.  I was hoping that Dell would offer a case like this one, but nope.

Upgrades - Anybody upgrade from Home to Windows Pro? Is so, any issues?

I ordered mine with Windows 11 Pro.  No problems with it.

98 Posts

November 2nd, 2022 07:00

I ordered a cheap screen protector for a couple of different devices. If either of them fit then I will post what device it was for and if there is a better quality one for that device available. 

1 Rookie

• 

43 Posts

November 2nd, 2022 13:00

I found and ordered a screen protector that's supposed to be sized properly.  It's scheduled to be delivered today.  I'll update here once I've had a chance to install and try it out.

98 Posts

November 2nd, 2022 14:00

Okay here is the scoop. First the screen protector for the Flex 5 Chromebook is about a quarter of an inch too big. It will work but it must be trimmed first. The second one I tried is for the Galaxy Tab S7+. It completely covered the screen but not the bezels. If you are using a case like the leather ones you can get on Amazon, the case covers almost all of the bezels. I just ordered a Spirin Glass protector from Amazon. It says it is compatible with the Samsung s pen so I am hoping it works with the active pen from Dell as well. I will keep you updated. It should be here some time tomorrow. In the caseIn the caseNo caseNo case

98 Posts

November 3rd, 2022 21:00

I got the Sparin glass protector in today and put it on. The active pen works great with it installed. So now I have 100 percent screen coverage and with the case about 80 percent bezel coverage. While it is not ideal it is something for now. I was worried about scratching the screen up. The case I am using is this one

https://www.amazon.com/Bige-Leather-2-Folding-1%EF%BC%889315-Tablet/dp/B0B6HPVY1Q/ref=sr_1_4?crid=IMSQQH8LETLN&keywords=dell+xps+13+2-in-1+9315+case&qid=1667518009&s=electronics&sprefix=%2Celectronics%2C124&sr=1-4

98 Posts

November 21st, 2022 02:00

How did the screen protector work out? If it is fitted properly can you post a link to it?

1 Rookie

• 

43 Posts

November 21st, 2022 07:00

It's sitting in the unopened package next to me.  I haven't had time to look at it yet.  I'm hoping to d

98 Posts

November 29th, 2022 08:00

I have noticed that 9315 2 in 1 gets quite hot when using it. Mine gets so hot that I would not be able to set it on my lap if it was out of the case. Sadly I have realized that the case I have been using for it is causing it to retain heat. While running core temp in the background I have seen a couple of of the cores reach 190 F. I have also noticed that it generates quite a bit of heat while charging as well. So the hunt for a case continues. 

98 Posts

December 22nd, 2022 16:00

I have found a PET screen protector with built in blue light filter. It is made specifically for the 9315 unlike the glass one I was using. I must say it is very responsive on the screen. I will give it a good breaking in tonight and let you know. I am posting a link to it. The link will be posted olin the original post. I found another that wasn't available yet. It supposedly has no blue light filter. When is it ready I will check it out as well. 

98 Posts

December 22nd, 2022 17:00

For some reason it shouldn't let me edit the OP. Here is the link.

MUBUY Anti Blue Light Screen Protector for DELL XPS 13 9315 13" 2 in 1 Laptop Anti Glare Screen Filter Protector Your Eyes Reduce Fatigue https://a.co/d/cV8cXrG

2 Posts

January 9th, 2023 14:00

Did anyone find case options for 9315 2-in-1?

Just got the system (i7) and benchmarks look better than expected.  Graphics-wise, the boost from 80 to 96 EUs is actually measurably better (getting about 25-30% improvement).  Still slow compared to non-integrated GPUs but not bad for a passively cooled and light tablet.

Anyway, deciding to keep the system - did not like the folio kybd - design & flat layout were not appealing.  Hoping someone has a folio like case sans kybd that can use the magnet attach in the back and flip over to cover the screen when not in use - so that it can serve dual purpose of folio case + tablet sand.

98 Posts

January 10th, 2023 04:00

Sorry to say I have only found the ones mentioned in the OP. Our is said really because I really like using this as a windows tablet and a good screen protector and a decent case would really go great with this device

98 Posts

January 13th, 2023 14:00

Did you ever get a chance to try out the screen protector? Also do you mind sharing where you were able to get it and what kind of material it is made from?

1 Rookie

• 

43 Posts

January 14th, 2023 18:00

Not yet.  I've had so many problems with the touchscreen that I'm waiting to see if Dell replaces the screen before I install a protector.  Every few days the touchscreen stops working and I have to uninstall the touchscreen driver and reboot several times before it works again for a few days.

2 Posts

January 18th, 2023 19:00

Haven't used the touchscreen much but I have had experienced 2 issues that I'll watch closely:

1) Using the tablet connected to a Breakaway Puck w/ RX560 external GPU - have noticed on at least 3 occasions where system will disconnect from eGPU and reconnect with Iris XE.  To resolve it, need to remove RX560 driver, then search for new devices to enable it to reconnect with eGPU. Obviously, when you're gaming, this hiccup disrupts the experience!  Don't have the same issue with my older Thinkpad tablet with 11th gen Intel (Win10).  Think this might be a Win11 anomaly.

2) Occasional audio issues during Teams conf calls.  It'll disconnect from primary audio (both input/output) and only reliable way to address is to exit meeting and re-join.  Gets annoying since that impacts work!

Regarding cases, I bought the Dell Premier Sleeve (these are now heavily discounted) and it's a tight fit especially width (without folio keyboard).  Counterintuitively, need to insert tablet with on/off button facing down.  Case narrows at base which appears to prevent tablet from accidentally switching on.  When on/off is facing up, it hits the top of the case and switches on every time it's inserted.

No Events found!