Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

5 Posts

April 7th, 2020 11:00

9350 plugged in but shuts down due to low battery

I am having a problem with my laptop where it suddenly hibernates as if the battery was drained, but the computer is plugged in. It started after installing a new OEM battery, which seems to be working well, I have used the laptop for over 5 hours with it, without problems.

I replaced the previous battery because, although it was showing >70% charge, the laptop suddenly would not even turn on with the battery, and then I started getting a led error of 4 amber + 1 white blinks., which seems to signal battery failure. That previous battery had not given any indication of problem before that, but I decided to replace it after learning the meaning of the led failure code I was getting.

The laptop has all drivers and BIOS up to date. I ran all diagnostics and they all completed Ok. I am not sure if this is a battery originated problem, or a problem with hardware or a configuration bug, I will appreciate any suggestion on what else to check for.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 8th, 2020 07:00

You purchased the new Dell battery from Dell?

Please install latest Dell Command Power Manager from the link below:

Dell Command | Power Manager (Version 2.2.1, A00)

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=8mjfn&oscode=wt64a&productcode=xps-13-9350-laptop

After, right click battery icon or type Dell Command Power Manager onto search box, either one should get you at the Power Manager Application. In the app, select Battery Settings, change settings to Standard, and then power off. Wait about 5 minutes and then power on system. Hopefully battery is fix now.

Please read the information about the battery in the link below, hopefully it will be a help to you.

Guide to Dell Command Power Manager

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000177768/guide-to-dell-power-manager

Standard - Fully charges the battery at a moderate rate. This setting provides a balanced approach to extending battery life while still providing a reasonably fast charging time. Recommended for users who frequently switch between battery and external power sources.

ExpressCharge™ - Quickly charges the battery using Dell fast-charge technology. Recommended for users who need the battery to charge quickly. If the system is powered off, then the battery typically charges to 80 percent within one hour and 100 percent in two hours. Charge time may be longer if the system is powered on.

Primarily AC Use - Extends battery life by lowering the charge threshold, so that the battery never charges to 100 percent capacity. Recommended for users who primarily operate the system while plugged into an external power source.

Adaptive - Automatically optimizes battery settings based on the user's typical patterns. Recommended for users who want to "set it and forget it."

Custom - User selects when the battery starts and stops charging. Recommended for advanced users.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

April 8th, 2020 08:00

Knowing that Dell does not have any OEM batteries for your model to sell, I assume you bought a battery online from private sellers or unknown companies. That's risky since you never know if you are getting an unused battery or a counterfeit one. If the suggestions in the other post don't work, try removing the battery and using the adapter alone. If that works, use it like that until you can replace the 5 yr old (?) model. 

2 Posts

September 28th, 2023 14:28

@Mary G​ Telling someone to replace a laptop that is only 5 years old because Dell stops selling the battery is LITERALLY DISGUSTING. 

No Events found!