Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

2 Posts

February 15th, 2019 06:00

DCP Watchdog Violation ENDLESS

Hi all, I'm at a loss as to what to do, It started last week when I first got a DCP Watchdog Error out of the blue (literally), computer crashed etc But then it kept happening, I couldn't work for more than 5/10mins before it would crash. I tried to run diagnostics both by windows and Dell support assist, sometimes the error was 'hard drive not installed', but by vast majority the system is in perfect health, all parts including the HDD. This meant it had to be software causing the not installed' gitch ,I tried updating drivers, like other forums suggest. I installed a software to make sure all my driver's were updated correctly. No change I tried resetting my PC and I completely re installed Windows, fresh start, intially worked and I thought I had solved it and a few ours later it all started again, DCP Violation.. I tried a chkdsk disk repair as administrator in the command prompt, let it get a the way to 100% rebooted and then crashed again 5mins later. I tried messing with the bios but then set it back to factory settings as nothing changed. Sometimes it takes 10 hard restarts to boot, other times it is straight in to the desktop, either way it seems any sort of update or solution often doesn't have time to run before the error happens. Nothing is working, please help! And to make it worse, the DCP Violation says "collecting error info" but will remain at 0% indefinitely until I do a hard power off everytime. Thanks in advance for any advice! Dell XPS 15 9560 512gb SSD 16gb Ram Core i7 7700

2 Posts

February 15th, 2019 07:00

Thank you Jesse, I'll try that now

• 

17K Posts

February 15th, 2019 07:00

Guyboggan,

Click the link below and update the firmware for the hard drive that is in your computer. Also, if you have the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver installed you can uninstall it to see if that will also help remove the error.

Dell xps 9560 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message.

No Events found!