Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

3 Posts

August 7th, 2022 16:00

DELL G15 stopped working after Dell Update

On 06/29/22 via email I made contact with Dell support informing that the aforementioned notebook Dell G15 , did not work the Thunderbolt port. In the tests performed, there was an error on the PCI bus, where the attendant imposed a request to connect a SmartPhone device to the standard physical port Connector USB-C (USB type C) for shared use for USB technology where the same connector meets the THUNDERBOLT technology a which has a quality defect that makes the product in question inappropriate or unsuitable for the consumption for which it is intended and alleging the operation of the physical connection where two different technologies operate and closes the call in order to try to get rid of the problem and closes the call with an email claiming the following:

In reference to , as we said your equipment is in normal operation, during our tests it was found that there are no failures in the USB-C, in this case it will be necessary to contact the Thunderbolt manufacturer , to validate the failure!.
So I'm filing this case with Technical Support.

Since the problem in question is not USB but THUNDERBOLT that shares the same physical connection.

Indignant and dissatisfied with neglect and false claim that there would be no problem on 07/03/22 I go to the RECLAME AQUI website and open a complaint with . TOS76>with the following content:

Content of the complaint opened on the COMPLAIN HERE website

(My Dell G15 Notebook purchased in January 2022 exactly because it has a THUNDERBOLT port, which has worked normally until the present date with the use of the AJA IO 4k device, it stopped working. I have been using this notebook since the purchase in January normally and now it doesn't work. that makes it lose its main function. I did a test that points out a failure in the PCI bus that makes this communication. I'm waiting for immediate solution from DELL.)

Where later I get the support contact who carried out a test through remote access to my machine in question ( DELL G15 INTEL I7 11800H COM RTX 3060 )  where on this occasion they already detected a problem where the solution would be to change the motherboard. (i.e. now the problem already exists)

Day 20/0722 twenty-one (21) days later I receive a visit from a DEll technician to perform the exchange of the motherboard which supposedly would solve the existing quality defect.

Service performed, the quality addiction PROBLEM persists in the same way, now ATTESTED through the attached service report, several tests remotely with DELL were carried out where, by guidance, a RETURN of the BIOS version was suggested, which even so the problem persists. As a good faith practice I have another machine with the same type of CONNECTION and THUNDERBOLT Technology where a test was carried out in the presence of the on-site technician and proving the correct functioning of the AJA IO 4K equipment and noting the failure of the DELL G15 INTEL I7 11800H product WITH RTX 3060.

Soon after the service, I got in touch reporting the fact to DELL Support by email, where later ( 14 ) Fourteen interventions were made through remote access, carrying out repeated and tiring processes of trial and error where the THUNDERBOLT controller application Drive fails to be installed.

Where it was alleged to be a problem with the windows version that only the drivers in the Home version would work, which caused me strangeness, even because DELL sells this same machine with WINDOWS PRO, I started to notice a certain improvisation in the allegations. see:

email sent by DELL support

Hello Mr. Rildo, good afternoon! Hope you are well!

We received feedback from the advanced hardware and software engineering team, where after analyzing the data collected and access we made, they informed that there are more advanced steps for installing the Thunderbolt driver or any other driver that can be run for installation after you have reinstalled Windows 11 Home, we were given the proper instructions, I would like to know if you would be available at this time to grant us remote access and perform these steps?

I remain at your disposal and wish you a great afternoon!

Yours sincerely.

Alan Santos
Dell Senior Analyst
Dell | Technical Support

Where I promptly confronted the allegation, I have a machine with Windows Pro and that everything worked perfectly with the AJA IO 4K device, even demonstrated and personally verified by a DELL technician on site. As requested by email, a video was sent to the DELL representative demonstrating the normal operation of the AJA IO 4K device (WHICH WORKED NORMALLY ON THE DELL G15 INTEL I7 11800H WITH RTX 3060 FROM JANUARY TO JUNE 2022.) on a machine other than the notebook DELL G15.

August 7th, 2022 16:00

Captura de tela 2022-08-03 191345.pngCaptura de tela 2022-08-04 081544.png

No Events found!