Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

4 Posts

May 5th, 2019 16:00

Dell XPS 13 9380 USB C power port stopped working

I have an issue with my 2 month old XPS 13 9380. My USB C ports on the left hand side stopped working the other day.

Updated BIOS and all other updates and they started working again for a day. Closed the computer overnight and when started again the a day later the ports not working again.

Can't get then to work. Dell support app says i need to update Chipset device driver 10.1.17903.8106 and it does install and i reboot but when i check the dell support app again it says i need to install the same thing again. I went to the dell driver page and downloaded the install pack and installed it manually and it installed without error but when i check the dell support app it still wants to install the same package again. 

Tried to log a call with dell support but the support app says it experienced an error and couldn't log the call. I really need this solved.

1 Message

May 14th, 2019 09:00

same problem here. Just the usb-c charging port -- not the other usb-c on the left side. Am able to charge through the other parts but would rather not lose 1 of 3 ports.

1 Message

May 15th, 2019 16:00

I am having the exact same issue, only the power port and had it solved once. Came back the next day and it no longer worked. Same issue with installing the chip set driver. The computer is only about a month old, quite disappointing. Would really like a fix for this as it seems we aren't the only people dealing with this.

• 

17K Posts

May 24th, 2019 06:00

Deja-Vu,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

1 Message

May 24th, 2019 06:00

Same problem here.  Chip set drive seems to install but after checking update, it says it needs to install again.  The other USB ports are working, just not the left rear "power" one.  

10 Posts

June 16th, 2019 07:00

Hi, I have the exact same problem. Will be waiting for a fix. Thank you!

10 Posts

June 17th, 2019 11:00

So... I updated all drivers, firmwares, windows, dell (every possible update), ran the complete Support assist and the BIOS diagnostics, reinstalled all related drivers (USB, bus and Thunderbolt), and nothing, no errors, no nothing. The #3 port (right side) continues to fail. It does not recognize any USB or mouse (has no power), but yes I can plug the power cord fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10 Posts

July 1st, 2019 03:00

Hello, just for your info, I installed the latest Thunderbolt driver update and the BIOS 1.5.0 update. Still nothing.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

July 1st, 2019 06:00

Hi Equals-mc2,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:  How to Troubleshoot USB Issues

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

July 22nd, 2019 07:00

Same issue here. It works for charging, but no devices are recognized. The right-side port works fine... Any fix available?

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

July 23rd, 2019 08:00

Hi luisdomingues,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

1 Message

August 5th, 2019 08:00

Hey mate 

same issue here and I actually just got it five days ago, really disappointed.

what did you do then¿ I’m thinking if it’s necessary for asking for returning it 

• 

17K Posts

August 6th, 2019 10:00

MianW,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

• 

17K Posts

August 7th, 2019 11:00

MianW,

• 

17K Posts

August 29th, 2019 07:00

KOBSwiftie,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number.

1 Message

August 29th, 2019 07:00

I am having the same issues. i just bought this laptop this month and 2 of my USB ports are not working

No Events found!