Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 8th, 2018 14:00

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Killer Wireless not seeing 2.4GHz AP

I have a Dell XPS 15 9560 will the Killer Wireless 1535 AC adapter. 

Whenever I travel I am unable to connect to most hotel WiFi. Using my other PC I scanned the networks and have narrowed it down to my XPS not being able to see 2.4GHz networks. 

Looking at the specs of my Killer adapter it says it supports 2.4 

Any ideas?

February 9th, 2018 16:00

Hello SSpitters,

I apologize for the trouble you're having with your 1535!

I would first suggest updating to the latest Killer Control Center, found here - http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/item/killer-control-center-x64

Keep in mind that the Killer Control Center contains our latest drivers, and replaces the Killer Network Manager that you might find pre-installed on your machine from the manufacturer. 

Once you have the latest Killer Control Center handy, please follow these steps: 

Note: It is important to be aware that, when troubleshooting, you should always shut down your computer by clicking the Start button in the lower left-hand corner, clicking the Power symbol, and clicking Shut Down. You should always reset or reboot your computer by doing the same, but clicking Restart, instead. The power button on most laptops, and some desktops, is not configured to shut the machine down, but rather to sleep the machine. Sleeping the machine does not accomplish the same thing as shutting it down or restarting it. 

• Download the latest Killer Control Center installer if you don't have it handy - https://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/item/killer-control-center-x64
  • Uninstall any and all Killer Performance Suite and Killer Drivers entries in your Apps and Features menu. You can access this menu by right-clicking Start, then clicking Apps and Features. This will include uninstalling the Killer Network Manager.
  • Restart your machine by clicking Start > Power > Restart.
  • Run the installer package for the Killer Control Center.
  • Restart your machine once more at the end, even if not requested to do so.

You should now have the latest drivers, and the latest Performance Suite installed. 

If this doesn't solve your issue, you may have a problem with the machine not getting proper power to the adapter, or some other resource issue. I would suggest updating the machine's BIOS and chipset drivers from Dell's support page for your machine to see if that helps. 

If you are still unable to access any 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi access points, please contact us directly at killersupport@rivetnetworks.com so that we can help troubleshoot further.

-- Anthony with Killer Networking

*-*-*Check out this review on the Killer Wireless 1535!*-*-*

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

February 8th, 2018 14:00

Update drivers if you haven't already, then maybe go into Device Manager, find your Killer network card, and go through the Advanced Settings tab to see if something has set it to 5 GHz only.  And if you have the full Killer Application Suite or whatever they call it, poke around in there for relevant settings too.

No Events found!