Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 12th, 2018 04:00

Dell XPS 15 9560 - do I need to install the Intel HD Driver and NVIDIA Driver together?

Hi,

I will do a clean installation of Windows and I don't know what to do with the following:

1. Do I need to install the Intel HD Driver (Graphics) and NVIDIA Driver together?. This laptop uses a GTX1050 too. Besides, I think that the laptop uses the build-in graphics on the processor while idle. What I need to do here?. (sometimes, the version of the driver that dell has published is old, is on purpose?, I don't know.)

2. Do I need to download both drivers espeficiclly on the Dell's website? or can I go to Intel's website and NVIDIA's website and download them?. (an article that I read said that some sometimes, manufacturers make changes to the software to make it compatible with their products)

3. Dell SupportAssist is really important to have?. or is better Dell Update tool?.

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

April 12th, 2018 06:00

The answer is yes to both 1 and 2 - you MUST have both drivers installed and the drivers should come from Dell -- not nVidia.

The answer to 3 depends on your willingness to download drivers manually as needed - which is the route I choose.  If so, you don't need that Dell software (which is resource-intensive).

April 12th, 2018 07:00

Hi,

Thanks for answering me. Let me ask you something else.

What about the Network driver?, there is 3 different driver:

1. Killer Wireless 1435s 1535 WiFi Driver
    Network 10 Apr 2018
  2. Realtek USB GBE Ethernet Controller Driver
    Network 10 Apr 2018
  3. Killer Wireless AC 1525 1535 1435 Bluetooth Driver
    Network 23 Mar 2018

Questions:

1. Which one do I need to install?.
  2. I didn't see a Samsung SSD driver, there is one or not?. There is drivers for other brands but, not for Samsung's SSD.

2 Posts

May 9th, 2019 00:00

@ejn63 wrote:

The answer is yes to both 1 and 2 - you MUST have both drivers installed and the drivers should come from Dell -- not nVidia.

The answer to 3 depends on your willingness to download drivers manually as needed - which is the route I choose.  If so, you don't need that Dell software (which is resource-intensive).

So you are saying that we shouldn't use the GeForce Experience App for downloading driver updates directly from NVidia?

No Events found!