Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 26th, 2018 20:00

Dell XPS 15 9570 not going to sleep

I did a clean install on my refurbished XPS 15 right when I received it. When I close the lid or hit the power button my display turns off but the fans keep running. They stop for a second and then rev back up with the screen off. It doens't go to sleep though. This only happens when the power is connected. It does go to sleep on battery power but as soon as I plug the power in it wakes up.
Specs: 8750H, 16gb Ram, 512gb SSD, 1050Ti

Thanks

1 Message

May 3rd, 2019 19:00

I can confirm that this solution works as of 5/3/2019 and with the latest Dell firmware 1.10 (Apr 30 2019) and the latest Windows 10.

Thank you very much -- my laptop now goes into traditional sleep and all the fans shut off.  

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

October 29th, 2018 07:00

Thank you for your message. Have you changed the power manager settings to check if the system goes to sleep when the adapter is connected?

What is the BIOS version installed?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

October 29th, 2018 18:00

I experienced a similar issue. Even when using battery, my 9570 can't sleep. 

You can enter ‘powercfg -a’ in your cmd to check if S3 mode is aviliable.

If it isn't, you can enable it by banning S0 mode. The fllowing steps can help you:

1. run regedit

2. find this path  \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power

3. set CsEnabled as 0

4. reboot your laptop

A side effect is that you can only wake your laptop by opening lid or pressing power button now.

1 Message

January 22nd, 2019 14:00

Thank you! It works great! 
I hate modern standby. 

10 Posts

November 10th, 2019 03:00

Thank you very much!! Solution seems to work

No Events found!