Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 23rd, 2019 13:00

XPS 15 9575, "Slow charger,charging slowly" Windows notification

Hi! Yesterday I got that awesome 9575 and did all the updates right away, so I can't tell if the issue is in the latest BIOS or some other drivers. Anyway, now Windows battery icon has an exlamation mark while charging saying that the charging goes slowly. Of course I use native 130W charger and in BIOS the system identifies it correctly. Also, that happens with any of those 4 USB-C ports. However, if I do a reboot - the exclamation mark goes away. Pulling the cable out and then putting it in again causes that notification over and over again. In general the charge rate is around 35000 mW, which seems to be OK. So, the question is, what might be the problem here?

20 Posts

June 6th, 2019 06:00

Try updating the system with the latest bios and other drivers. I'm not having such issue anymore for a while! ;)

2 Posts

April 30th, 2019 07:00

I am having this problem as well on my XPS 15. No solution found yet. 

1 Message

May 11th, 2019 13:00

I've had the same issue! Brand new 9575, straight out of the box and no matter which usb c port I connect the charger to, I get this alert. Woiuld be great to hear from Dell regarding this!!

1 Message

June 6th, 2019 05:00

I just started having the same issue with the "slow charger" message.

28 Posts

July 8th, 2019 20:00

I suggest you update the BIOS system or power driver. If it still doesn't work, try changing a charger.

1 Message

March 5th, 2024 06:01

I have the same problem with my Dell XPS 9520, charging is slow, when I look at the motherboard it shows charging at 5 watts, there is nothing wrong with the charger because even if I plug in another charger the result is the same. It gets better after a while but maybe one day it will never get better. We bought Dell as the best windows laptop but I think we made a mistake. 

Bios latest updated version problem persists.

No Events found!